Roger pickering photo's

pete smith:

newmercman:
Pete, I can’t remember the name of the firm, but it was green with yellow stripes and covered in marker lights all over the front grille. It got a coat of Ford diamond white on the cab, aircraft blue chassis and the lights all went in the bin before it went on the road. Only a flat top 420 streamline, but a bloody good lorry it turned out to be, never cost a penny apart from routine maintenance and new brake chambers when it went up for test. I bought a bunch of the big 540 Stralis, but kept the Scania for myself and I sold it for more than I paid for it over 5yrs later. It’s still running around in Ireland to this day, a friend recently sent me some photos of it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Marc,
The only lorries running around in colours similar to those was a company called J P R ran saw dust etc in to Kronospan at Chirk,? I have found a photo from Dave the Renegades collection,there is a 3 series Streamliner behind? If it is not these Marc then I’m out of idea’s! Cheer’s Pete

That could be the one, I thought the green was a bit lighter than that though, the 4 series has the same light set up in the grille and my one did have a headboard on it, which went in the same skip as the lights prior to its paint job.

I bought that in early 02, it replaced an ex ARR Craib 520 EuroStar that got me back in to owner driving after a brief sabbatical which included my time at TRUCK magazine. As I said, apart from the colour and the lights and headboard, it was a superb lorry, a credit to its previous owner and the driver, who clearly looked after it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk