Mick Twemlow RIP

It is with great sadness that I have to let you know that Mick Twemlow passed away yesterday morning after a long battle with cancer.

He was a great guy and a veteran trucker of the Middle East and Russian runs which he described so vividly in his books, Vodka Cola Cowboys, Trucking Magic and Champagne Truckers.

Regrettably I never met him on the road but got involved via Old Pond publishing and helped him with editing work on his last book so got to know him quite well.

His wry wit and ready smile will be sorely missed. An old school trucker if ever there was one.

RIP Mick. I’m sure there are many on this site who will have happy memories of you.

R.I.P Driver, enjoyed your stories.

I’m very sorry to hear this. Had a meal with him only a few months back. A proper driver and a good transport writer. He’ll be missed. RIP Micky. Robert

^^Andy, thanks for letting us know. I’d appreciate details of the funeral when you know them. Cheers, Robert

Hi Robert, I’ll post the details on here when I receive them from Sue.

Jazzandy:
Hi Robert, I’ll post the details on here when I receive them from Sue.

Many thanks. Robert

I never met him, but enjoyed his posts.

RIP Mick Twemlow.

RIP driver, I was Facebook friends with Mick, he was always positive despite his ongoing battle with that terrible illness. A sad loss.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Sad news indeed, never met Mick In the flesh, but we’ve exchanged some pm’s and had a good crack on his thread. Never occurred to me he was that ill… as he never complained about it…

Rest in peace mate.

Condolences to his loved ones.

Patrick

Sad news,read al his books really liked them. And talk to him here on T/N really nice guy.
My condolences to his family.

R.I.P Mick

Just to let you all know, Mick’s funeral will be held on Tuesday 29th May, at 11.30am, at Margate Crematorium, Manston Road, Margate, CT9 4LY, and afterwards for a buffet and a drink or two to celebrate Micks life at Lester’s Family Pub and Restaurant, 162 Ramsgate Road, Margate, CT9 4EZ., in their private function room.
You are all very welcome, please could you let me know on here or by private message if, or when, you know if you will be joining us, as we need to know approximate numbers for catering purposes.
Once again, thank you for all the kind messages of love and support, all very gratefully received.
Please come along and join us in saying your farewells to Mick.
Lots of love,
Sue ■■

The contact is : micktwemlow@hotmail.co.uk

Just seen this, condolences to family and friends, read the books and really enjoyed them,.

So sorry to hear of Mick’s passing. I greatly enjoyed reading his books. Condolences to his family. R.I.P.
Les.

This really is sad news, I read his book Trucking Magic only a couple of weeks ago and he described the Commie Block just like I remember it.
R.I.P. Mick. Drum Bun Colleagua.

Mick received a very nice send-off today in Margate. There was a good turn-out of drivers too. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
Mick received a very nice send-off today in Margate. There was a good turn-out of drivers too. Robert

I’m so pleased. Thanks for letting us know Robert.

sandway:

ERF-NGC-European:

I’m so pleased. Thanks for letting us know Robert.

My pleasure, Sandaway. I think I can safely speak on behalf of those present in thanking the family for their wonderful hospitality. Robert