C+E Licence Run Out-Happy or Sad!

just sat and read all this thread but I kind of get the feeling that a lot say they don’t miss it but I don’t agree because if that’s what you did for fifty years from a youngen you have to miss it to a degree, having said that I do think the whole transport game has changed but be sure that if you are retired now you definitely had the best years in the game.
At 68 and been involved pretty much all my life in transport it has changed beyond recognition today of how most of us remember it, still have my own 14 ton cattle truck and would rather drive that any day over a car but I do dread the annual MOT for me as well as the truck. when recollecting my experiences over the years I would not have changed a thing and I think when I finally have to pack it in I for one will miss it how can you not when one has put so much in to it over the years, maybe there is a difference of just driving for some one else over building up and running you own company, oh the stress of it all cheers Buzzer.