White Line Fever

Went to see this film when i was about 13 [ 18 cert I seem to remember ] my dad took me to the pictures when we got stuck on a night out in Burnley. It was a good trucking film about an O/D fighting the unions for freedom of work in the good ole U S of A . The one bit that sticks in my mind is where they hold the guy out in the middle of the road and the truck wipes him out leaving just papers blowing in the wind :blush: [ artistic licence ] . Anyway I would love to get hold of a copy anyone know how best to go about it have tried a search on ebay but got nothing .

R143-500:
Went to see this film when i was about 13 [ 18 cert I seem to remember ] my dad took me to the pictures when we got stuck on a night out in Burnley. It was a good trucking film about an O/D fighting the unions for freedom of work in the good ole U S of A . The one bit that sticks in my mind is where they hold the guy out in the middle of the road and the truck wipes him out leaving just papers blowing in the wind :blush: [ artistic licence ] . Anyway I would love to get hold of a copy anyone know how best to go about it have tried a search on ebay but got nothing .

We’ve been discussing that at HanksTruck Pictures.com forums.
hankstruckpictures.com/forum … pic=1755.0

I don’t know about getting a copy though.

Bluejaysfan:
[
We’ve been discussing that at HanksTruck Pictures.com forums.
hankstruckpictures.com/forum … pic=1755.0.

That’s a real good link BJ, haven’t been there before but will go again. The memories of old draughty trucks has great resonance over this side thinking back to the fibreglass Atkis etc… I once connected a length of flexible tubing over the engine hump of my Mk 2 to gain a little more heat by stealing the, wasted but meagre, flow from the passenger side :open_mouth: .

Can’t help with White Line Fever. Never saw it myself though saw the adverts. Maybe one day :slight_smile: .

Salut, David.

Spardo:
I once connected a length of flexible tubing over the engine hump of my Mk 2 to gain a little more heat by stealing the, wasted but meagre, flow from the passenger side :open_mouth: .Salut, David.

:laughing: that reminds me of summat we used to do with the buffaloes, they did have an heater, but of course it soon went like a warm breath and were useless. we got heaters out of the mini, bolted them to the back of the hump, there was enought space and the lid would lift, and run the pipes one under the seat for feet warming, and the other free range, for pointing to whereever! :laughing: the good old days!

That reminds me of a car my Dad told me about. Just after the War he bought a Morris Anglia. He said that was the worst car he ever owned; there was never any heat!.
The little poofs of air coming from the vents never would unfrost more than a few square inches of windshield. He had to carry a scraper with him and scrape the inside while driving!
He figured that British designers must have lived somewhere where it never got cold; which was NOT how he remembered England when he was over serving in the RCAF.
We live in Toronto, so it does get cold some days in winter; not like western Canada though where it gets cold in November and stays until May.

Merry Christmas (belated) and a Happy New Year from Ontario, Canada - by the way :smiley:

and a merry chistmas and happy new year to you too bluejay!

it is a mystery to me also as tro why the heating in old british motors was so bad, i mean i know it aint cold by canada standards, but it aint exactly the riviera here!

Bluejaysfan:
That reminds me of a car my Dad told me about. Just after the War he bought a Morris Anglia. He said that was the worst car he ever owned; there was never any heat!.

Thanks for your good wishes and post war reminders BJ, but, just setting myself up for the car buffs to shoot me down, wasn’t it a Morris Minor?
(Ford) Anglias didn’t appear 'till about the 60s :open_mouth: :laughing: .

Salut, David.

What a bargain. got White line fever on a vhs video at a carboot last weekend. Paid £1.00. Watched it today still a good film .