South London Transport Companies

Any one remember or have pictures of G E FRANCIS
SURREY WHARF
B TITTERALL
All from roherithe and ran Scania’s I was a Scani apprentice and would love to hear stories or photo’s to take me back.

All so remember H T S
PIERPOINT & HALPIN
GRANGEWOOD
WILLIAM BEADLE
HELMOUTH HUALAGE (EAST DULWICH)
BOWDEN TRANSPORT (PECKHAM)

Is this the G E Francis you mean?

B1069AA0-B992-4EE5-A8BF-B6E526EB507A.jpeg

Kempston:
Is this the G E Francis you mean?

Hi many thanks for photo yes that is one of G E FRANCIS Scania’s maybe I worked on it as an apprentice, George Francis was a bit of a character and I all so worked for his dad George Francis Snr at Helmouth Haulage a tough cookie I was terrified of him.

Grangewood, I travelled down through Germany in about 78 with a Grangewood driver who was very helpful as I went off to the Czech and again I met another driver from this company on the ferry from Greece to Ancona…what happened to them? they were a great looking company and one I wanted to drive for but living in Northamptonshire I felt there was no chance in those days. It would be great to read a little bit more about the company. Thanks in advance.

Hi Johnnie thanks for the story in my Scania apprentice days we used to visit Grangewoods quite a bit, there is a very informative post on here about Grangewoods including drivers, photo’s & history etc, I have a very nice Corgi die cast Grangewood F89 & fridge trailer model (geek or what)