Dukes Transport

I know there are a few ex Dukes & Monty’s lads on here who don’t use Facebook, so I just thought I would pass this sad news onto them, Davie (Digger) Ritchie passed away a couple of days back, anyone who worked for Dukes in the 80’s /90’s will probably have met Davie at some time, big fella old school Stranraer man, proud to have run with him and proud to have known him, top man RIP Davie.

Regards & Condolences
Dave Penn;

Sorry to hear of this sad news, worked with Davie in the early 80’s on the Staranraer to Daventry trunk before he got his shot on the international side of Dukes, was always a top bloke with a great sense of humour. R.I.P Davie.

Hi Dave
Was that trunk one way or there & back in a shift.
Cheers
Rich

Hi Rich,

The trunk was one way, but there was always a loaded trailer needing to go back & the option was open to any takers, the other one was to nip down to Park Royal for a change over or quick tip & back in time to do the night trunk back.

Dave…

Davie’s funeral is at Stonykirk Cemetery on Thursday at 11am, think there might be a big turnout going off all the responses and condolences given on FB, but it will only be what the big fella deserves a well liked and respected man of the road who never left anyone stuck and always helped newbies without question or humiliation, a forgotten breed I think these days !

Regards
Dave Penn;

Hi Dave,
Sad news yet again in this area, we have lost a few over the last 2 years.
I hope all goes well to-day.
Respect.
Harvey MCB

With the greatest respect I Hope it all went well today for Davie,s family & friends.

Dave…