Copying and paste in reply topic

Hi to all members this is just a question to all you men ,like me who reply on trucknet,have any of you used ,“copy and paste” in any of your contributions to the reply ,to a topic…instead of typing direct in to the topic-posts, the reason i am asking is that i have written another chapter of my driving history 1982-2002 .i have email moderators but had no reply.or is there any other way you can get text from a stick into the forum,i do not know…dbp.

peggydeckboy:
Hi to all members this is just a question to all you men ,like me who reply on trucknet,have any of you used ,“copy and paste” in any of your contributions to the reply ,to a topic…instead of typing direct in to the topic-posts, the reason i am asking is that i have written another chapter of my driving history 1982-2002 .i have email moderators but had no reply.or is there any other way you can get text from a stick into the forum,i do not know…dbp.

The answer is yes, dbp! In fact, I do it all the time with longer (or trickier) posts because it helps me to take the time to read it and edit it properly. The only thing you have to remember is that when you put it on the thread, all the paragraphs will close up so you’ll have to go through and put the spaces between the paragraphs back in (if you don’t do this the text becomes too dense, which puts people off reading it :wink: ). Hope that helps! Robert

There’s no reason why you cannot copy/paste into a reply, I’ve seen it said that some people have a problem pasting from a word processor such as MS Word because word processors have their own HTML formatting which on occasions can become a problem, though I’ve never had a problem with it.

You may need to do some extra formatting when you copy the text into the reply panel but apart from that there shouldn’t be a problem.

If it all goes wrong, just do a screen grab of each page, import them into Paint, crop the edges, save them as .jpg’s and post them as pictures. If you use a font like Times New Roman, with the page numbers in the footer, you can make it look like a real book.

I did some copy and paste on a thread just after Christmas and it worked OK. I split it up into quite small sections which I think helps and didn’t try and post too much at once. I did have trouble doing copy and paste on Trucknet a few years ago and think Jazzandy had problems too. I think it recognized my IP Address and some how didn’t allow it. Before that, a long time ago, I copied and pasted large extracts from my book on to Trucknet and had no problem. I was copying from a PDF file; which is Portable Document Format file and usually a more reliable way of doing copy and pasting.

Good luck and I look forward to reading your stuff.

Thank you all very much all bases covered ,as for the bunching up of text without spaces you are correct it does put you of a little however i now know what to do ,well will try, the other reason is the ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY GRAMMAR ,not your oxford .that is why i will not go down the book route i have edited it and tried to smarten it up my self so please just read it as if i am in the pub talking to you or waiting for a ferry in Brindisi.thank you .dbp