R.H Stevens Transport - Macclesfield

Dear forum,
Please can you help. We are trying to locate a long lost family friend. His name is Robert Day, he’ll be approximately 70yrs old and lived in the Macclesfield area. He drove for many years with R.H.Stevens Transport. It is my parents 50th Wedding anniversary this year and Robert was an usher at their Wedding. We are trying to track him down in order to invite him to the party. Not sure how these forums work… so any help in posting or forwarding this message onto the right area would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Graham

truckerGraham:
Dear forum,
Please can you help. We are trying to locate a long lost family friend. His name is Robert Day, he’ll be approximately 70yrs old and lived in the Macclesfield area. He drove for many years with R.H.Stevens Transport. It is my parents 50th Wedding anniversary this year and Robert was an usher at their Wedding. We are trying to track him down in order to invite him to the party. Not sure how these forums work… so any help in posting or forwarding this message onto the right area would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Graham

Can’t give you any info I’m afraid but here is a picture of one of their motors taken at Uttoxeter Peak Truck show in 2015. I have put this on another site

Tony

I retired from Stevo’s at almost the same time as Bob Day so he would be around 73, I guess. Sadly, I haven’t seen him since apart from a fleeting meeting in Tesco’s about a year after we finished work. Currenyly the old depot is having about fifty new houses crammed into it!
I will make some enquiries later in the week and maybe come up with something more helpful.

If you ring Abbey powder tankers, Tess out of Stevos ofgice is a planner she might have a number for him. Still some ex macc lads are there.

So Tess is still with Abbey? I sold her my Mitsubishi L200 pick-up about 18months before Stevo’s packed in. She was well into her horses and had managed to wreck her Land Rover while pulling the horse box. After she’d had the L200 for a couple of months I noticed that she had managed to crush the back end and the rear seats were used for carrying bales of hay. As for keeping it clean, she was a fully paid-up member of the Harry Gill Washing Club!
I agree, she would be the best place to start in the “Search for Bob”.

Does anyone remember Ian Morgan. He drove for R H Stevens for a couple of years. I have attached a photo of one of the lorries he drove to Swiss and other destinations but I believe he also worked on the tankers.

R%20H%20Stevens.jpg

B series disguised as a peterbilt ( not my photo)

I notice we’ve now acquired an RHS thread. Another excuse to show off a decent lorry, then!

And, surprisingly, this one was decent, too!

And I still haven’t learned how to turn the ■■■■ things!

Better except you have to click on them to see the whole picture.

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

Unfortunately not new photos as been on TNUK before but could jog the memory of some who may remember driver Ian Morgan.

img022%20%285%29.jpg

Was their depot in Guncotes Lane, :question: :question: :question: Regards Larry.

revman:
0B series disguised as a peterbilt ( not my photo)

On the A34 Oxford ? :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

revman:

On the A34 Oxford ? :laughing:

Off topic! :unamused: We used to have our firms dinner dances next to that white building in the background! :wink: Looked like it was being demolished when I went past recently though. :cry:

Pete.

revman:

Crash barrier looks well used, it that a SOM going the opposite way…

dave docwra:

revman:

Crash barrier looks well used, it that a SOM going the opposite way

Looks like one Dave. A shame about that sheet, we might just have been able to see the two extra cylinders behind the cab if it wasn’t loaded! :wink:

Pete.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Was their depot in Guncotes Lane, :question: :question: :question: Regards Larry.

Seems this was their old yard as it was when being demolished.

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

Lawrence Dunbar:

Hello Larry. Yes they were in Gunco Lane, Macclesfield. Ian has just told me it is or was pronounced more or less as you have written it. Before that they were in Gawsworth Road, Macclesfield.

I used to deliver reels of paper to M 6 Paper Ltd Then backload with stuff for Aldi at Faverdale Darlington out of Stevens Warehouse In Guncoe Lane, Its was a great place to load as they worked late hours, The happy times :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But long gone, Thanks for your reply, Regards Larry.

In the last 18 months or so the depot has been turned into a housing estate.

R H Stevens.jpg