The tartan track

Where on the A74 was (Paddies rickety bridge)and how did it get it’s name? This is harder than steep hills and many corners,and you all failed miserably on that,I hope I am not hanging by the short and curlies waiting for the correct answer. Joepipe

Paddy’s rickle bridge, Elvanfoot, junction 13 M74, on B7076. :wink: . Les.

Hi les,that is a no. Joepipe

What can you do when Google gets it wrong. Les.

The railway bridge at Beattock was the ‘Hole in the Wa’, can’t remember where Paddies bridge was. Remember the 'Magic Roundabout?

Alex

Only two bridges on the TT I can think of is the one at Crawford over the Clyde and the one at Johnston Bridge. One of the guys I worked with at Smith of Maddiston Glasgow got done for poaching at the one at J.B.
I
Alex

Hi Les, I have just googled it and it is close but not right, here it is now. In 1959ish when they were upgrading the road (not dual carriageway, still single track) while they were doing the bridge they had a Baillie bridge as a by-pass,it was about half way between the Telford bridge and row of railway cottages at the summit (long gone) and there were no other road junctions there. The title paddies rickety bridge, came from Patrick Rickeby who was the man that maintained that part of the railway. Sorry to end puzzle, but you where close, but not quite right. Joepipe

Sorry!
Didn’t realise I intruded in a two way conversation!
Alex

Sorry Alex that wasn’t my intention I only posted because I found it on Google, apologies, Les.

Didn’t realise this was a 1950’s quiz site! :confused:

Hi, to whom it my concern,( learn old learn fair,learn young learn mair). Joepipe

I apologise if I’m on the wrong track here,but I’m trying to locate a drivers “digs” I stayed at in the 50’s when my dad took me during school holidays with him when he did a week away up Scotland.It was called “Old Bob’s” and my recollection is of this place out in the wilds next to a river.Possibly Lesmahagow/Crawfordjohn area.all I can remember was a good breakfast and very friendly people. Long time ago but hopefully someone on here can help me out.Thanks.Dave.