Electric shock devises

I drove trucks in the uk up till 1978 when I emigrated to Australia,we have a transport minister in New South Wales trying to get all truck drivers to wear a bracelet that gives you an electric shock if you look away from the windscreen for more than 2seconds,she is saying this is a standard practice in the uk and Europe,can somebody tell me if this is true…oh by the way lived in Hemel Hempstead and worked for e j masters,he elite,ra smith ,melhuish watford heavy haulage and more,suppose that’s not bad for a start,I now drive for Hahn corporation in south Australia,I mainly do road trains and triple wine tankers from south Australia to Western Australia.

Load of old cobblers, mate!
Don’t forget, the job description of a politician includes the ability to convince 51% of the electorate that they are telling the truth. :angry:

Steve A:
I drove trucks in the uk up till 1978 when I emigrated to Australia,we have a transport minister in New South Wales trying to get all truck drivers to wear a bracelet that gives you an electric shock if you look away from the windscreen for more than 2seconds,she is saying this is a standard practice in the uk and Europe,can somebody tell me if this is true…oh by the way lived in Hemel Hempstead and worked for e j masters,he elite,ra smith ,melhuish watford heavy haulage and more,suppose that’s not bad for a start,I now drive for Hahn corporation in south Australia,I mainly do road trains and triple wine tankers from south Australia to Western Australia.

E J Masters carried a lot of Magazines around the country… By the way no standard practice, she is not telling you the truth…
Where do you run out of… Port Adelaide Industrial area?

Regards
Andy

Sounds like a good idea, with face recognition if you stare at a phone while driving you get 240 big ones through your seat

The Sheilas talking out her rear end fella

I think it’s the politicians that need the electric shocks. Preferably 10000 volts.
Welcome to Trucknet Steve A - I’ll be waving at everyone of Hahn’s that I see from now on… :laughing:

What a load of bowlox!!!

David

Is this todays joke of the day ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
what a load of !!!

Where are the three dots: ‘electric shock devises…’ What does the electric shock device devise? Alas, it doesn’t say! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
Where are the three dots: ‘electric shock devises…’ What does the electric shock device devise? Alas, it doesn’t say! Robert

I was under the impression that it was a town in Wiltshire, Robert.

Retired Old ■■■■:

ERF-NGC-European:

I was under the impression that it was a town in Wiltshire, Robert.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In my day you drove carefully, got to your delivery on time, unloaded. had the goods checked, got a signature and pixxed off.
Nowadays - Mobile phones, trackers, CCTV, medicals, some sort of bloody certificate of competence, dress code and big brother looking at your performance by scanning a card. I suppose you might as well throw in an electronic tag. Come on the drones and robots. Jim.

jmc jnr:
In my day you drove carefully, got to your delivery on time, unloaded. had the goods checked, got a signature and pixxed off.
Nowadays - Mobile phones, trackers, CCTV, medicals, some sort of bloody certificate of competence, dress code and big brother looking at your performance by scanning a card. I suppose you might as well throw in an electronic tag. Come on the drones and robots. Jim.

Exactly! Now that drivers have an inboard camera pointing at them, as soon as they blink the robot in the high-viz sitting in the passenger seat can cattle-prod him. No wonder there’s [zb] driver shortage! Robert

I certainly wouldn’t want to come out of retirement into the road transport industry. I’d much rather wallow in nostalgia like most of us on this site! :laughing:

OldishJoda:

Steve A:

E J Masters carried a lot of Magazines around the country… By the way no standard practice, she is not telling you the truth…
Where do you run out of… Port Adelaide Industrial area?

Regards
Andy

I did the book run out of odams press,sunday times supplements for awhile did you work for masters ?there was a mention of John letissier on here a while ago,we swapped cars,I had a bongo van he wanted and he had a triumph herald I wanted,worked well.when I left masters I moved up to higham ferrets drove for Townsend carriers then to p partrick then back to masters,then hemelite melhuish ra Smith London Conley,but his yard was Bourne end,then bus international at radlet,then the oz

kmills:
I think it’s the politicians that need the electric shocks. Preferably 10000 volts.
Welcome to Trucknet Steve A - I’ll be waving at everyone of Hahn’s that I see from now on… :laughing:

I drive the only Mack Hahns have,I go anywhere but 99% of my time is WA,if you see me call me up

[/quote]
I did the book run out of odams press,sunday times supplements for awhile did you work for masters ?there was a mention of John letissier on here a while ago,we swapped cars,I had a bongo van he wanted and he had a triumph herald I wanted,worked well.when I left masters I moved up to higham ferrets drove for Townsend carriers then to p partrick then back to masters,then hemelite melhuish ra Smith London Conley,but his yard was Bourne end,then bus international at radlet,then the oz
[/quote]
No I did not work for Masters, I worked for News International that included the News of the World, Sunday Times…

Regards
Andy