Reverse lights not working

Hi guys, I’ve got a Daf fa45 on an N plate 1996, both lights have stopped working :frowning: .bulbs seem good and wiring at bulbs seems fine. The fuses I’ve found just below steering wheel all fine aswell… any ideas? All other lights work fine.
Been told to try here as might be a switch on gearbox but didn’t no where about, any ideas much appreciated

Hey,

Look at the brakelights contact, mounted at the pedal or in the air pipelines, don’t where but have a look you will find them.
couple those twoo wires together and you will see if they light up, so not the problem will be in the wiring lines, if they do it, put a new contact.

Eric,

tiptop495:
Hey,

Look at the brakelights contact, mounted at the pedal or in the air pipelines, don’t where but have a look you will find them.
couple those twoo wires together and you will see if they light up, so not the problem will be in the wiring lines, if they do it, put a new contact.

Eric,

Eric,the problem is with reversing lights,not brake lights!

David

I’ve got power to all lights except the reverse bulbs and fuses seen fine unless I’m missing some there’s about 7 each side below the steering wheel.

Don’t worry about them they aren’t a legal requirement, just sort them when you have the time but possibly a reverse light switch and likely a dodgy earth, by the way I’ve had drivers report this and all it was when checking is they hadn’t flicked the switch on the dash. Just saying like! Franky.

5thwheel:

tiptop495:
Hey,

Eric,

Eric,the problem is with reversing lights,not brake lights!

Was already on the Wodka this morning. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Eric,

David