Is Turkey (fresh or frozen) still the favourite Christmas Di

Turkey is still my favourite, nowt like the aroma of a roasting turkey on Christmas morning ! Cheers Bewick.

Remember when the transport caffs used to do Christmas dinners from around mid December?
I’d be sat at the table at home Christmas Day looking at my dinner and thinking I’ve had 11 of these already! :laughing:

Not had turkey for many years in our house.

Sometimes a large leg of pork, this year a leg of lamb, sometimes a rib of beef which tasted especially good in the years it was disallowed by nanny state.

My Mrs does the worlds best crackling, we’re not having pork this boxing day because my dear BiL passed away only a couple of months ago, and he and i and our two sons used to polish most of the crackling off before anyone got a look in , our dogs will miss him, he loved dogs and used to feed the sods tasty ■■■ bits when no bugger was looking :sunglasses: , its going to be a rather poignant Boxing day this year.

Got a bumper choice this year, half crown of Turkey, joint of beef and a joint of gammon.

Since there’s 9 adults & 4 nippers round our Xmas table and only a couple less on Boxing day, we have a turkey each day plus a small beef joint one day and pork loin t’other - everyone has a choice.

Personally, I just have a bit of turkey & as many pigs in blankets as I can snaffle.

Sod the Turkey, I never eat an ugly creature. I’m making cottage pie for our Christmas dinner, preparing it all tomorrow and knocking up an apple crumble and custard for dessert!

Pete.

Cant stand turkey, was bought up after the war on chicken ( a capon ) once a year which my old granddad used to rear and kill, us kids had the job of plucking the thing ( for the dirty minds I did say plucking it ) as the rest of my family like turkey I’ll have a nice piece of pork and crackling…
Ossie

Absolutely.It’s always been one of my favourite types of food that an a good piece of ham.I grew up with my parents always buying enough for cold turkey and ham salad on boxing day evening and plenty left over for sandwiches and a decent turkey pie for a few days after and still follow that now.Also often buy some cooked slices of both for sandwiches through the year.It’s probably a bit like marmite.Having said that the quality of both turkey and ham is a lot more variable in recent years than it was.

Havin Lamb this year.

Mind that’s better than spaghetti Bol that I had from Asda’s last year :laughing:

Turkey as always BUT NO F’ING SPROUTS :imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:
Turkey as always BUT NO F’ING SPROUTS :imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now I love sprouts

windrush:
Sod the Turkey, I never eat an ugly creature. I’m making cottage pie for our Christmas dinner, preparing it all tomorrow and knocking up an apple crumble and custard for dessert!

Pete.

Come on admit the truth Pete , cheap mince with a bit of spud on top and Sainsbury’s apple crumble , food of the poor impoverished pensioner. I thought you might have had Help The Aged bring your Christmas dinner , probably the Slade records frightened them off . Merry Christmas/Bah Humbug .

It’s a barbecue on the beach for me - just spatchcocked & marinated a chicken to cook over the coals. Mmmmmm

My Mrs is having pork in cider :wink:

Punchy Dan:

I bet a lot of missus’s are having that, but what’s she having for dinner?

rigsby:

windrush:

Pete.

Come on admit the truth Pete , cheap mince with a bit of spud on top and Sainsbury’s apple crumble , food of the poor impoverished pensioner. I thought you might have had Help The Aged bring your Christmas dinner , probably the Slade records frightened them off . Merry Christmas/Bah Humbug .

Cheap mince!!! :open_mouth: How dare you Dave? :unamused: Finest quality beef mince from a traditional butcher, fresh carrots/onion/mushrooms topped off with mash spud and swede and covered with Lancashire cheese. Sprouts as an accompiament. Home made apple crumble and custard as dessert to follow, no “impoverished pensioners” in this house. :wink:

Pete.

fodenway:

Punchy Dan:

I bet a lot of missus’s are having that, but what’s she having for dinner?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Turkey here the old Bird is 32.7 lbs 14.83 kilos :open_mouth: it has to feed 12 Adults & 3 children under 5 ! Davies Cranes Carmarthen got the contract to lift into the oven , but it’s my job to handball it out around 4.30 this afternoon. :wink:

Puddings galore my M.I.L. Insists on getting so many of them… :grimacing:

Have a great Christmas fellow Truck netter’s and I look forward to our continued Banter in 2018 . :bulb:

P.S.

You may have forgotten about my trip to Wolverhampton on the 29th for New Years, Placards already made for my visit to Falling’s Park Area…

DID U WORK AT GUY MOTORS■■?

DID U EVER BUILD A Big J WITH The Mighty 8XLB Gardner Engine ■■?

Reward for the correct answer £££££££££££££ paid by the well Known Northern Bewick Co.

Who knows what I may find out? could settle this old chestnut for 2018…!! :unamused:

Have a great time all (including you Carryfast) Well it is Xmas!! :smiley:

E.W.

Well, I’ve put eight full 26 pallet loads (plus a few part loads) of turkeys, turkey crowns, turkey breasts, and turkey lobes (?) into one Manchester wholesale butcher in the last 2 weeks, so judging by that the traditional Christmas turkey dinner still rules the roost. I do believe that goose is getting to be more popular, but it’s turkey for me tomorrow. With a rather alcohol laced home made Christmas pud afterwards.

Beans on toast for me…with a sprig of holly.