More sad news

Sad to hear that two more drivers have passed away recently,Vic Rogers and Tony Westacott,both will be sadly missed.I think Vic was 74 and Tony was 71.Both drove for Tolley & Smale at one time.

LorryLady:
Sad to hear that two more drivers have passed away recently,Vic Rogers and Tony Westacott,both will be sadly missed.I think Vic was 74 and Tony was 71.Both drove for Tolley & Smale at one time.

Makes you realise there’s more to life than work,RIP.

bobbya:

It’s only work that keeps me alive!

bestbooties:

bobbya:

It’s only work that keeps me alive!

Well you best keep working!!

Funeral of Victor Rogers today. Picture found on FB.

Surely we have not reached a state on this forum where we have to rely on second hand stuff taken from Farce Bog have we?

Just before Christmas one of the longest serving and best know drivers, and I am proud to say a friend of mine, in the West Country died. Victor Brown, aka Black Victor, aka Mule had been a driver his whole life starting actually before he was old enough to drive with Rivera Transport, who few will remember, and then driving for most of the Cornish Companies and a few Devonian ones and periods of self-employment finally driving up till a few months before his death wreckers for Cannon Commercials. A man who would have helped anyone he was also know for , in the early days, an explosive temper. You never had to wonder if you had upset Victor because if you had you were the one spark-out on the floor.

One of these vehicles that he had been driving took him on his last trip from Newton Abbot to Bodmin last Friday accompanied by around a dozen local tractor units. The arrival, aside from the volume of air horns, fairly tested the parking arrangements at the Crematorium.

Rest well old Buddy, you deserve it.

David

More Here: -Truckers form convoy on A30 and A38 to head to Bodmin funeral of Victor Rogers - Cornwall Live

Well done Lads look after your own its how all lorry drivers should be sent off.
Cheers
Rich