BET Belgium.

Hey, The already some years gone BET haulage company.

Most are subies, they drove nearly only MAN’s.

Eric,

Dad worked for BET (Scholar Green ) and we were on are way home from Vacation and just outside Ostende the kids spotted this park up and wanted a photo to show Grandad. The guy who ran the depot had T.Shirts and stickers done and Dad pick this up, Sorry don,t know why it comes out upside down

When I was on S Jones Aldridge we used to meet up with a lot of Brit tanker lads that went over the water, mostly in Le Havre and Rouen when we were loading back home for Lubrizol at Bromborough, most of them lived around Queensferry and Saltney area and kept the trucks at home, some names I remember was Cliff Digger Barnes, Stan Fox, Billy the Wad from Widnes , and yoser from Chester, load of good lads on that firm, I think John Links came to S Jones from Brit’s and passed out when he picked up his first wage packet, because he had never earned so much in one week.

It wasn’t hard to beat Brits money but the job and the lads were bob on . I had the same shock as John link when I picked my fist pay packet up at jones

A few more of the names of firms that we use to meet up with.
Dawsons
Norman Lewis
Blakes, the only UK firm to load direct out of BASF Ludwigshafen.
Tank Freight had a go at it, so did Wincanton,
Then of course Carmans/BET and us S Jones.