Just seddon Atkinsons

image.jpegI couldn’t find a topic just for these so I’ve started a new one,anyone know any history on this pair that have following on numbers .

image.jpegquestion is would old Denzil of Westmorland sheet the underside ? :laughing:

image.jpeg

image.jpegsome ICI

image.jpeg

image.jpegmake mine a babycham

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice one Dan.
I had a B reg 401 Twin Steer same as Air Products above, one of the best lorries i’ve ever driven.
Anyone saved B928CVV?

Juddian:
Nice one Dan.
I had a B reg 401 Twin Steer same as Air Products above, one of the best lorries i’ve ever driven.
Anyone saved B928CVV?

I looked at buying an ex air products 411 a D reg ,I should of done looking back .

[attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachment

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All sheeted up :wink:

Punchy Dan:
I couldn’t find a topic just for these so I’ve started a new one,anyone know any history on this pair that have following on numbers .

F.J.Diment were coal merchants from the Bournemouth area. They were only a small company and from memory
although i could be wrong,only operated between 2 to 4 trucks. Here’s another one of there Seddon Atkinsons seen
entering Poole docks.

BN0027.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

A Bill Clowes photo, are you still logging on Bill? One of the sister Sed Aks to the one I drove (GWJ 823V) at Ballidon quarry, this one was driven from new by Henry Cope of Uttoxeter until his death. Colin Critchlow (rip) from Weston Coyney had it afterwards. Colin came in one day complaining of wandering steering for a day or so, nothing serious, just the chasssis rail on the offside broken in half behind the cab! :open_mouth: We asked if he had noticed that the axles were pointing in different directions; he hadn’t! :unamused: I believe that our area of Tilcon was the only one to run Sed Aks as Fodens were in short supply at the time, we had several 400’s with Gardner and Rolls engines plus one 300 series and three 200’s. Bradley Trucks from Clay Cross supplied them, K&M transport from Hucknall painted them.

Pete.

image.jpeglooks hard worked ,thanks for the info Dean I think I have some more of that company .

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Juddian wrote; Nice one Dan.
Anyone saved B928CV

Same here Juddian mine was B150 GTN, ■■■■■■■ engine, Fuller 9 speed and I would say the best sleeper cabbed bed I’ve slept in and nice to drive, it only tried to kill me once however when the brakes failed just into Blue Bank going into Sleights village on the Northeast coast, it was more a trailer fault really and the unit was doing all the braking. Hairy time but I got it stopped before the steepest drop, phew! Again I haven’t got a pic of it and recall being quite annoyed much later when I went to work Monday morning to be told it had been taken to Leeds Auction, I didn’t stay in that job much longer afterwards. Cheers Franky.

Frankydobo:
Juddian wrote; Nice one Dan.
Anyone saved B928CV

Same here Juddian mine was B150 GTN, ■■■■■■■ engine, Fuller 9 speed and I would say the best sleeper cabbed bed I’ve slept in and nice to drive, it only tried to kill me once however when the brakes failed just into Blue Bank going into Sleights village on the Northeast coast, it was more a trailer fault really and the unit was doing all the braking. Hairy time but I got it stopped before the steepest drop, phew! Again I haven’t got a pic of it and recall being quite annoyed much later when I went to work Monday morning to be told it had been taken to Leeds Auction, I didn’t stay in that job much longer afterwards. Cheers Franky.

I was lucky in that mine had been Vee and Inline Diesel’s demonstrator, so had a Jake fitted so hardly used the the brakes and had a different set of injectors to normal, which i’m fairly sure was an early test for upping the 320 to 350, it used to give just a hint of black smoke as the engine went under power in each gear where the sister E320’s didn’t, despite it pulling like hell it was also better on fuel than the others despite me (and i know you’ll find this hard to believe cos we were all angels in those days :wink: ) being a tear arse in those days :blush: , the fuel figures never failed to make the two super older lads who had them spit bullets.
One of the other lads is into his 80’s now and as fit as a fiddle and probably the most professional driver i’ve known (i see his son, also a driver every week or so), the other chap a German feller who stayed in the country after being a prisoner of war here, and a more decent honourable man i’ve yet to meet sadly died a few months after retiring, which was a bloody shame cos no man i know ever worked harder than him, nor deserved a long and pleasant retirement more than him either, but that’s just about how fate deals the cards.

I jacked the job in there around late 86 IIRC, i’d been recommended for and offered a big leg up onto the better paying side of things, an opportunity which i snatched with both hands.
Missed that lorry though, and the company, the gaffer of which was a real gentleman and we won’t see their like again.