Scania 143H

1995 Scania 143H, owner-driver from new, still hauling a reefer on deliveries from Spain throughout Europe.
Looks as good as the day it came out of the showroom.

Steve

Very nice! One of my all time top three. This along with the DAF 3300 / 3600 Space Cab and the F12 / F16 Globetrotter. Classic trucks, and given the opportunity, I would take any one of those over a modern day vehicle. Just personal choice. :wink:

That’s just truck ■■■■! Love them esp in such beautiful condition.Agree with Bullit on the F12/16 and DAFs, the latter being very rare nowadays.

Ste46:
1995 Scania 143H, owner-driver from new, still hauling a reefer on deliveries from Spain throughout Europe.
Looks as good as the day it came out of the showroom.

Steve

Stunning just goes to show how good something can be if you look after it

If we still had the culture of buying vehicles there’d be a few more about. Now most people lease so not so many older vehicles about

I suppose Steve that this very nice looking motor must have been imported from somewhere because a J plate is a long way from 1995 when it might still have had the area designation, depending when in 95?

David

Looks like it’s Spanish reg. 1701 JML . I think!

Sir +:
Looks like it’s Spanish reg. 1701 JML . I think!

Yes - it is indeed a Spanish plate.

Steve

You didn’t understand me. The registration is certainly Spanish but the JML is from this year 2017 and not from 1995 so somehow this very smart vehicle has been re - registered. Was it an import and from where?

David

You’ve got me there, David. The chap I spoke to said he was the owner and he’d had it from new.
Although he spoke no English, and my Spanish is OK but not brilliant, when I see it again I will try to clarify this. (I do see it quite regularly as it lives not too far from me!)

Steve

In '95 Spanish reg vehicles were still using their area codes eg. M for Madrid at the begining of the reg nr.

So that 143has been re-registered at some point recently.