UKON Trucking

Does anyone remember or have any information about UKON Trucking who had a depot in Witham in the late '70s. I did some sub-contracting for them in that time. I can’t recall whether they had their own transport or used only sub-contractors. I think the manager there at that time was a man with the surname Muffett, I can’t recall his first name.

Somewhere on here there is a thread about UKON from when they had the beer contract and when they moved to Harlow.Possibly a few years ago.I remember Writing something about them as i used to ship out with some of the guys on the Harwich\Zeebrugge and Harwich\Hook boats.

I don’t know anything about them myself but here’s a couple of links that may help :wink:

UKON TRUCKING & DJ INTERNATIONAL

search.php?keywords=++%2BUKON+Trucking&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

transportphotos.com/road/photos

VS00539.jpg

That’s the UKON I was asking about, Stanfield, many thanks for that! The man’s name at UKON Witham was, indeed, Frank Moffit. I recall loading a tilt, or rather overloading a tilt, for Germany, dropping it at Witham where it was going to be topped out with another few tons, It was being shipped out that night in the hope its weight wouldn’t attract too much attention. I think most of their trailers were shipped out well overweight.