Leyland Roadtrain

Sweet Roadtrain driving through Radcliffe Mcr this morning, belonging to Kenny Harvey, looks like it just been restored, didn’t have me phone to hand to get a photo, just heard a rumble coming up the road sounded lovely, looked like it was Mr Harvey driving it too
Thought he would of done a 3600 daf though

It’s a Scammell S26 that was restored into Inglenorth livery. Ken bought it a couple of months ago and has had it painted into his 1980s colur scheme.

Can’t find the “proper” Roadtrain thread, for some reason. The search engine on here is a bit hit-and-miss, IMO. I found this:
facebook.com/TruckBrochureK … =3&theater

It looks like a short high datum cab- not a model I have ever seen before. 16.21 is not an ordinary Roadtrain designation, either. I reckon it’s a South African brochure. It’s got Richard Stanier’s stamp on it, so if you read this Richard, please tell us!

Edit= tell a lie- there were some short/high Roadtrains working on tanks, IIRC- petroleum and cement. The brochure is SA though, I’m sure. 51% :laughing:

The only high-datum short cab’s being run in the UK that I can remember were run by Total Fuel, they were Twin-steer’s. Chris

Pretty sure that picture was taken at the V&A waterfront in Cape Town.

Dave…

Brian Harris alway had a Tidy Fleet
Here is a Pic of a RoadTrain that stands out in a Fleet.

adr:
The only high-datum short cab’s being run in the UK that I can remember were run by Total Fuel, they were Twin-steer’s. Chris

public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25t … ircle.html