Old style licences/70's petrol ration book

I was sorting some stuff out in my car folder insurance/mot’s etc & came across my old passport style HGV & car licence along with the petrol ration book you were issued when the early 1970’s petrol rationing was in full swing. :astonished:

Has anyone else still got their old passport style HGV licence!

Yes mine is in a drawer somewhere, together with the ration book. Haven’t seen my current license since I sent it to Swansea last November for renewal, it will be Happy Anniversary for it soon! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
Yes mine is in a drawer somewhere, together with the ration book. Haven’t seen my current license since I sent it to Swansea last November for renewal, it will be Happy Anniversary for it soon! :laughing:

Pete.

Your current licence doesn’t start until the DVLA send it out, that’s why over the last couple of years I’ve gained nearly three months extension at no cost.

bestbooties:

windrush:

Pete.

Your current licence doesn’t start until the DVLA send it out, that’s why over the last couple of years I’ve gained nearly three months extension at no cost.

The downside is, my yearly licence renewal was due mid Jan. I had my medical early Dec. Then sent it off on the 12th Dec. expecting a delay due to the Xmas post. I received my licence by return post on the 16th Dec. but, it’ll now expire on 15th Dec. So I’ve lost a month. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

bestbooties:

windrush:

Pete.

The downside is, my yearly licence renewal was due mid Jan. I had my medical early Dec. Then sent it off on the 12th Dec. expecting a delay due to the Xmas post. I received my licence by return post on the 16th Dec. but, it’ll now expire on 15th Dec. So I’ve lost a month. Regards Kev.

Your still GEEEEEEEEEEEEET OLD KEV :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

8LXBV8BRIAN:

kevmac47:

bestbooties:

windrush:

Pete.

Your still GEEEEEEEEEEEEET OLD KEV :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Brian, I needed to be reminded of that!!! :confused: :confused: Of course you’re 45 years older than you were when we first met. :wink: :wink: :wink: Regards Kev.

Yup,still got my old black HGV licence,…not sure where it is though!!!

David

Yep, still got all mine, + a paper “All Types” PSV licence + fork lift tickets. Not a bit of use now, they’re all well past expiry date. I keep say to Mrs GOM…“I’m going to get my licenses renewed”…So looks at me with absolute pity and call me some terrible names. :frowning:

Still got mine…

hgv.jpg