Geoffrey The Great man of Leatherhead

Have any of the TN members ever “clocked”, shaken hands, or had a pint with this much maligned ( quite wrongly IMHO) multi talented contributor ( You will have obviously bought the beer!) or have you managed a selfie taken with the Great Man ( cash only no cheques) or possibly when you shared a “shovel” with him sorry, secure accommodation ! Only side view shots of his arse sticking out will be acceptable on this thread which I am sure will run far longer than the Big J thread ! Anon 1.

Someone somewhere must have the “gen” :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:
Have any of the TN members ever “clocked”, shaken hands, or had a pint with this much maligned ( quite wrongly IMHO) multi talented contributor ( You will have obviously bought the beer!) or have you managed a selfie taken with the Great Man ( cash only no cheques) or possibly when you shared a “shovel” with him sorry, secure accommodation ! Only side view shots of his arse sticking out will be acceptable on this thread which I am sure will run far longer than the Big J thread ! Anon 1.

Dennis, I think he may have ■■■■■■ off to see his mate Corbyn, Just to see if there are any vancant spaces for him to fit into, Thats if when you say Matron goes easy on him & lets him go out alone on The Lash, Thats providing of course he knows about going out on The Lash, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Regards Larry.

Bewick:

You’re a mischievous man, Mr Smith :wink:

240 Gardner:

Bewick:

Do I detect a confession !! have we someone on the thread that actually has met The great Man :blush: :frowning: :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

240 Gardner:

Bewick:

Of course he is, So Im I thats what keeps this thread going, Im getting older by the minute like everyone else In life, So now that Im in my earley 80s I just love to wake up in the mornings, Have a Full English, A light lunch then ,Oyster Starter , , Sirlion Steak & Trimmings For my evening meal , Washed down with Rioja or Shiraz Wine, The I go onto the Malts, Just to finish the day off, & hope I wake up the next day & do the same again I ■■■■■■■ love it as My good Lady does too, Regards Larry.

I do hope none of you intelligent and worldly-wise chaps is taken in by the ■■■■■■■■ Sheeter’s posts. If past performance is any indication, he’s got CF banged up in that damned barn of his. You can bet that after the thread has run for a few pages he will make a post hinting at a ransom.
As if anyone’s likely to pay money for the return of the Leatherhead Loser!

as we both worked for one of the finest parcel companies known to man,but at different depots,i feel i may have bumped into the Great Man on occasion Dennis,but couldn’t say for sure :slight_smile:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I do hope none of you intelligent and worldly-wise chaps is taken in by the ■■■■■■■■ Sheeter’s posts. If past performance is any indication, he’s got CF banged up in that damned barn of his. You can bet that after the thread has run for a few pages he will make a post hinting at a ransom.

I have thought for a while that they are one and the same person ROF. CF is obviously very intelligent (an expert on Google for starters!) and knows all the ins and outs of running a succesful transport operation (he is also an expert on all topics regarding what vehicles to purchase for one thing) and Bewick transport appears to have been a well run operation so I’m guessing that there are too many coincidences for them not to be one and the same? Of course I COULD well be wrong, but how will we ever know? :confused: :laughing:

Pete.

Now there’s a thought, Pete. And I’ll bet no-one has ever seen them in the same room, eh? :wink:

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:

I have thought for a while that they are one and the same person ROF. CF is obviously very intelligent (an expert on Google for starters!) and knows all the ins and outs of running a succesful transport operation (he is also an expert on all topics regarding what vehicles to purchase for one thing) and Bewick transport appears to have been a well run operation so I’m guessing that there are too many coincidences for them not to be one and the same? Of course I COULD well be wrong, but how will we ever know? :confused: :laughing:

Pete.

Love the ‘APPEARS to have been a well run operation’, Pete!

Steve

Geoffrey does like his Detroit 2 Strokes and I think I’ve found something just right for him. Let’s have a whip-round and get it for him. Tinkering about with it will keep him off TN and when he does take it out for a run; we’ll all know who he is!

Retired Old ■■■■:
Now there’s a thought, Pete. And I’ll bet no-one has ever seen them in the same room, eh? :wink:

Agreed ROF, and all that talk about “boat anchor Gardner engines” was just a smokescreen to put us off the scent, you wouldn’t have a barn full of 8LXB’s stashed away and then call them boat anchors would you! :confused:

Pete.

Oh Dennis/ Mr Smith Bewick,

You do come up with some imaginative posts! :smiley: , Don’t think C/F has worked his way into our little village in west wales with 3000 inhabitants ! whilst I did at one time know most of them I must admit as everywhere we have an influx of out of the area people here , so he could be 1 of those… :slight_smile: mind you on 2nd thoughts I haven’t seen a T.M. parked on any ones driveway here!!

I am though concerned for his absence of late on here recently!

No doubt’s he will be in shortly to surprise us all … :unamused:

E.W.

YES all do not be fooled, a suspicious council road sweeping ,gully emptying cross-over truck,red and white… was spotted on the sea front on the east coast “james cook” area, the driver had grease from fish and chips all over his face also had a suspicious -kim-jong hair cut,and playing loud ,"ying ton ying ton doubl-eeye foe… from a tannoy saying it was his bosses idea,asked by the police "from where do you reside my good man"he said blue -bottle,near guilford,darn-sarf…john…the officer said,have you had any relations here,no not yet,he said, i know a yew or two in ■■■■■■■■■■■ hogget,shes got lovely teeth 3 i think.
the officer says.you seem a slippery chap ,are you sure your not a chameleon ,masquerading ,as a know all from leatherhead…continue please

…No Sir Officer, I am most genuine I am an ex college graduate, manufacturer trained expert in all things Bedford particularly Detroit powered :unamused: however I know quite a bit about most other things also, as I am quite versed on Google and the like…so I know it …

E.W.

carryfast-yeti:
as we both worked for one of the finest parcel companies known to man,but at different depots,i feel i may have bumped into the Great Man on occasion Dennis,but couldn’t say for sure :slight_smile:

The word “bumped” sounds ominous “cfy” was it The Great Man who maybe caused you some grief while changing over at the same depot in the early hours maybe ! Get the %$@?+ out of my way you ^&"@>* !! Cheers Dennis.

EW car truck & bus:
…No Sir Officer, I am most genuine I am an ex college graduate, manufacturer trained expert in all things Bedford particularly Detroit powered :unamused: however I know quite a bit about most other things also, as I am quite versed on Google and the like…so I know it …

E.W.

Actually Ossifer I am appearing on the next episode of Master Mind, “Chosen Subject” Ask me anything about anything John ! and don’t worry I’ll not have any passes Mate ! Cheers Bewick :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Q1…Did you ever hear of Hugh Gardner & Sons?

A,Yep

Q2 Were you aware that they manufactured the finest Diesel H.G.V. & Marine engines for almost 4 decades from the 1930’s?

A… Yep & no

Q3 Were you aware that they installed the Legendary 8 LXB into the Guy Big J Chassis in the 70’s

A…Oh yes Sir a Very good friend of mine from up Kendal way has a few of those stashed away… but please don’t tell anyone as it is our secret…

And if I was to annoy him by “running my mouth” about the merits of DD’s ( which I have been known to do) he may chain me to an 8LXB and drop me into Windermere ( Having drained off all the fluids of course) :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Bewick.