Desperately seeking Dave, Londra '82

Well that got your attention. I’m not desperate, more like hopeful, that I can find the Dave who gave me a lift from Londra camping in December of '82 to London. I haven’t thought about this trip in years but I found your web-site and I thought it might be worth a try.
So the Dave I’m looking for drove for O.H. S. Transport, I believe out of Rainham, Essex. He would be about 61-65 years old. I have a picture of a red Volvo truck (but not of Dave). At the time we met he hadn’t been past Istanbul. However, I think he picked up a delivery to the Mideast in January of '83. He tried to reach me (at my friends home in Glasgow) but I had already taken off for deepest, darkest Scotland (Dingwall in January is dark!) He called a couple more times, but we missed each other. At this point I had been in Europe for 3 years and I was headed back to San Francisco. I would have detoured to Baghdad with Dave in a New York minute. It wasn’t our fate.
In '82 I had no idea that Al Gore was going to invent the Internet (an American joke) or I would have written down his last name! Dose anyone remember O.H.S.? Are there any other web-sites old trucker’s visit?
Cheers, Susan in San Francisco

OHS did indeed run out of Rainham,Essex and ran American Mack’s to the middle east.

I know an old colleague of mine drove for OHS,but whether it was during the time you mention I’m not sure.
I’ll try and get hold of him and ask.