Good Read

Im reding sa book called “truckers north, truckers south” at the moment, im enjoying it, it’s a good read and at the moment it is centered about an 8 legger atki with drag. Written from the mind of the trailer boy, the book is by a long time driver.

Mal. I read that book about 18 months ago 90% is really good but it tails off at the end and seems to lose direction a bit IMHO :frowning: .

I met Les Purdon a good few years ago when his book had just been published.

He later joined the Fifth Wheel Lorry Club, but was expelled soon after - the reason for which the other members never really discovered.

R143-500:
Mal. I read that book about 18 months ago 90% is really good but it tails off at the end and seems to lose direction a bit IMHO :frowning: .

Spoil it for him why dont ya :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

R143-500:

I’ll be sure to enjoy the 90%!

marky:
I met Les Purdon a good few years ago when his book had just been published.

He later joined the Fifth Wheel Lorry Club, but was expelled soon after - the reason for which the other members never really discovered.

Sounds a bit clandestine Marky! Anyway, did you get on OK with him? I like the language it’s written in, very easy to follow!

SimonRS2K:

R143-500:

Spoil it for him why dont ya :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

:laughing: thanks for caring Si, by the way, I had a M8 that read the last page of a book firts, said if it was bad, he wouldnt have waste dtime reading the rest! :question: :exclamation: Barmy I reckon.

Mal:
Sounds a bit clandestine Marky! Anyway, did you get on OK with him? I like the language it’s written in, very easy to follow!

Don’t start me Mal - we’ve only just managed to re-start the club thanks to the actions of certain individuals almost a year ago.

I spoke to Les Purdon on a couple of occasions and he seemed a very nice chap to me. Whatever happened between him and the ‘founder’ of the club was never revealed to the members - we just got a note in the journal saying that the Les had his membership revoked and that the club had disassociated itself from him.

Things are a lot more democratic and open these days…

I finished the book today, amazing when youre laid up how much reading can get donwe! Anyway, id did sort of peter out towards the last 10 pages or so. But I think that was bound to happen. The trailerboys tale was over, and maybe thats where it should have ended? I still thought it a good read overall though I got bored with the shaging bits in it, and just scooted over them, but i spose thats what he saw and is part of the life for some blokes.

The bits you mentioned at the end were the bits that put me off giving the book as a present.

An experienced writer would’ve known not to put that in. Otherwise it’s a good book and is now sat on the shelf next to Cola Cowboys, Coffee to Go and A Thousand Miles from Nowhere.

Yeah, i know it’s part of life, but it dont have to be in everything! I was more interested in just about everything else in the book though! It was great to be reminded of cafe’s i had been in years ago as well.

ok then,its a good book so how do us lesser mortals get hold of one.

Go to http://www.abebooks.com and search for “Truckers North, Truckers South”

You can order one online through that site, usually for less than normal retailers.

Also amazon .com, thats where got mine.