European breakdown cover for old trucks

hi gents I am going over the water in august with the old Bedford and thought about looking for European breakdown cover for my 12 tonne Mercedes Atego transporter, I have not bothered before but as with all these things if the police feel like it they could insist on instant recovery from a motorway which could cost thousands, (not all of which goes to the recovery agent I know) but a definite cost now could save an awful lot later, I do not shy away from the costs of running a truck or use the get out clauses like its recovery so no mot or its private so out of scope, I have it maintained and inspected by an independent garage, have full mot, and run using tachos, so if I was stopped I can pass it all to the man on the day and smile as he says goodbye, so does anyone know of such a scheme.

I dont think you can get it mate,and if you can it would probably be silly money. Have you an account
here with Mercedes ? If you have at least you will have someone to call if you do have problems.

Personally i think your best bet would be to use the national roads at least that way you can nearly
always limp into a layby or get it off the road somewhere safe, so you dont have to pay for a tow in
if you have a problem !

Even if you are going way down south,just take your time and add another day on to do the trip ?

Might be worth having a look at the euro thread and get some more up to date advice as i havent
been over for a few years now. You did also need a letter for any days you never had tachos which
was supposed to be typed out and not written as they could fine you for a written one. I would strongly
recommend you do the letter. Patrick on here could give you some advice ! Also the french are odd
they like you to show 1 hour on your break and not 45 mins,dont ask me why ■■ They wont fine you for
it but it just saves hassle ! I had several coppers in France mention it to me when i had checks !