Log books

Chris Webb:
Log sheets were better than log books,you could keep making another out until you got where you wanted,no numbers on them.
When books came out in 1970 - I think - I kept an old one and put it in a plastic type wallet just for getting lifts on dodgy nights out. Very often I would ponder over my log book on a Saturday afternoon trying to remember where I’d been all week. :smiley:

And anybody int gaffers office in a suit sent a chill up yer spine in case it were Ministry Man,asking for records to tally with the dreaded silent checks. :open_mouth:

Aye the old type logs sheets were a multie purpose thing in my youngers days in the 50s When I first got into to the haulage game, You could wipe your arse with them , Set them alight to melt the Ice off the windscreen, Wipe the good old oil dipstick, Which sadley to say modern motors dont have , Its just a case of pushing a button & all the ■■■■ Info comes up on the dash, ■■■■ me whats happened to good old sencible thoughts, Who needs all this ■■■■■■■ crap, It beats me how us old drivers made a living & survived to tell the tale, Well thats My bit said for the present, Im off to my whiskeys now to have a few before I retire to my bed, & Hope to wake up in the morning feeling as randy as a buthchers dog I wish Eh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.