A to Z Transport Miscellaney

Several years ago I put together a Power Point presentation for Transport Enthusiast club meetings, but I haven’t done such things for a long time. I had lost or given away all the original photos but I’ve finally worked out how to transfer the Power Point format to usable JPEGs for a new thread for TNUK. As it says in the title, we start at A and go through the alphabet. This is the first photo and hopefully it will raise some responses and comments. Anyone can add there own photos providing they are relevant to the letter A. (We’ll move on through the alphabet after a few days of A). So Albion, Atkinson, AEC etc are all eligible.

Allison's Big J In a Tangle.jpg

Thank you Mr Dunbar. The Allison’s AEC qualifies on two counts. Going back to the Big J, no doubt Bewick will be scathing about the sheeting, but can anyone hazard a guess as to what has happened? The location is probably Norwich or Ipswich.

Another double-whammy: an Astran AEC-inspired Marathon. Robert

SN027-1.jpg

I like your thinking “gingerfold” this should make for an excellent thread ! :smiley: :laughing:

aec3.jpg

Michael Ayres and his sons from Docking, near to the Sandringham estate in Norfolk ran an immaculate small fleet of older lorries. Their Volvo F86 was well over 20 years old when I spent a day with it on a gorgeous September day delivering seed corn to farmers. Five or six drops IIRC

Ayres Volvo F86.jpg

gingerfold:
Michael Ayres and his sons from Docking, near to the Sandringham estate in Norfolk ran an immaculate small fleet of older lorries. Their Volvo F86 was well over 20 years old when I spent a day with it on a gorgeous September day delivering seed corn to farmers. Five or six drops IIRC

That does look tidy chap ! They were great ,reliable motors and fast in there day !

And for a two pointer, Ayres’ 1975 AEC Mammoth Major 8 working on the 1996 sugar beet campaign. Again IIRC we did 5 loads into BSC Wissington factory that day.

Ayres 1975 AEC MM8 Working in 1996.jpg

Atkinson demonstrator loaded to 32 tons GVW on 28th September 1964 testing a Gardner 6LX 150 on the 1 in 7 Parbold Hill. The test was to determine if the 6LX 150 could handle the impending weight increases of the 1965 C & U Regs.

Atkinson Demonstrator Testing Gardner 6LX 150 Parbold Hill.jpg

Hiya…A few "A"s from me,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Pre-WW2 Albion 6-wheeler with a fair load of sacks. Owned by W.A. & A.G. Spiers of Melksham. ‘Chalky’ White was the driver.

Feathers 2.jpg

AEC MM6 of Spiers of Melksham, but based at Gillingham, Dorset. Loaded with fruit, probably from Southampton Docks. A quite rare colour photo of a Mk.111 AEC in service. Taken in 1961.

gingerfold:
Going back to the Big J, no doubt Bewick will be scathing about the sheeting, but can anyone hazard a guess as to what has happened? The location is probably Norwich or Ipswich.

Maybe along the lines of the pole was on the opposite side of the road to the junction with the one being turned into.He went as wide as possible on the offside on the approach to make the left turn .The pole then got caught up with the offside front trailer overhang as the unit started turning and was then sheared out of its mounting with the attached cables then pulling it across the truck ( lorry between the unit and trailer :smiling_imp: ) and it took him that far before he noticed it ?. :laughing:

Allied Mills Scania 124-400 new in 1999, with Feldbinder tank.

a few of the trucks at the company I work for. Mine is the one in the middle.

Hi gingerfold can I have a double for this one :laughing: :laughing:

Atkinson tow truck from preston.jpg
But only 1 point for this one oops :blush: :blush: