Modellers Block grrr. ERF B series/Mack F700

OK I’m suffering from the dreaded modellers block. Like writers block but modelling ok?

I have two kits in the pipeline that I just can’t decide on a subject for. An ERF B series and a Mack F700

OK the ERF is likely to be easier as there more about. I fancied a local company, S A Bell but I have to admit that brown is my least favourite colour. I like the yellow NCB one but its a daycab and mine is a sleeper. Blakeman from Tamworth was a possibility but theirs was a 6 wheel tipper. Bewicks looks nice. Or maybe an old Rowntrees one I saw but that was a daycab too.

As for the F700 its before my time just about. I like the OHS livery but they’re all left hookers and mines a right ■■■■■■.

Suggestions??

HH Williams Gloucester had a couple hauling livestock - not sure if they were left hookers though…

John Golding (Heavy haulage) had a couple (I think). He definitely liked the Yanks…

or you could just put a little rubber duck on the front and get yourself a convoy… :smiley:

You could do a model of Bonzo Bear; the Mack once owned by Chris Miller. I think it has just been re-imported into Britain.

Legget Freigthways or better still pass the B series onto me :slight_smile:

Haha over a year later I’m still looking for subjects for both of these. Modellers block is gone though.

Lonewolf Yorks:
Haha over a year later I’m still looking for subjects for both of these. Modellers block is gone though.

Beresford’s B-series were pretty photogenic. Robert

b series beresfor grime.JPG

beresford b series.JPG

… as were Eric Vick’s! Robert

Hi Wolfie,
How about a Sammy Jones livery for the ERF?
Don’t know if your kit is the flat roof so here are 2 options, plenty of pics on here for reference and the owner of the flat roof is a member on here as well!
Sorry can’t help you out on the Mack, have you google the model and had a look through any pic’s for inspiration? Cheer’s Pete

8695478702_2742d11d22_b.jpg

Stamps from Avonmouth ran a fair few B series day cabs? (I drove a couple of them!)

Steve

Why not Nick Bulls old? But thats maby not an B-serie?

Danne

7FC0E2DB-998E-4BFD-94F1-66071B655846.jpeg

There’s a thread on here about Ackworth/Onward transport,they ran B series ERF’s and I think there’s a few photos of them if it helps.

Dirty Dan:
Why not Nick Bulls old? But thats maby not an B-serie?

Danne

Yes Danne, it was indeed a B-series! But it was left-hand drive so the model would have to be modified. Also it started as 4x2 tractor. Cheers, Robert