"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Spardo:

DIG:
Thanks Patrick OILy Spardo DeanO Johnny you and all those others I haven’t mentioned but should as your doing a great job keeping things ticking over in this time of world wide drama, I don’t know how transport on your side of the planet is coping but I know without the trucks here running between the eastern states of OZ and us in the West we would be dire straights ,I take my hat off to them all.
Heres another out of that old shoebox I found and keeping up the KW presence.

Cheers Dig

Nice one Dig, at first I couldn’t see a driver in that, even though by the dust it was obviously mobile, and I thought perhaps you had parked at the top of the slope and forgotten something (the brake?) and it started rolling all by itself just as you got in position with the camera. :wink: :laughing:

And then I thought that is one well trained KW. :unamused: :slight_smile:

Are the roadhouses still open for the truckies? A mate told me the other day that the routiers in France are closed and everybody has gone back in time to cooking in the cab. Plenty still rolling though, I pass my old firm twice a week and, out of over 100 wagons, there are never more than half a dozen in the yard, and half of those on the dock loading and tipping with the remainder probably waiting for night drivers.

Hats off to them all, it is reported that several ‘transport workers’ have died in the UK including about 7 London bus drivers, not heard about the routiers though. The bus drivers union is advising them to stop working if they can’t get PPE and restrict passengers to entering and leaving by the middle doors. Hard times.

The fatals are a real tragedy our thoughts go to the families.

Double click David and you will see Mick quite well badge on the shirt and sunnys on, he supplied the photo not bad for a Kiwi lol.

The roadhouses are open and will supply a meal on a take away basis most of the roadhouses have hf radios which the drivers can call the r/h staff 15 or 20mins before arrival so no real delays, Most are double manned so its pretty much non stop.

Dig