PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

vwvanman0:
The plevin erf looks ex plevin as they pulled bulk sawdust trailers. From Manchester area.
John brash, were/are from Beckingham Lincolnshire.

Thanks for the information on those 2 chap ! :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,illtyd didn’t run an immaculate fleet here’s some pics for you d t hunkin which you had on here ,one of Meeks,dyfed sludge,and robbins cheers John

Thanks John, great pics ! :smiley:

FLOURPOWER:
“FLOURPOWER” Hovis Foden.
Spot on Dean another great photo cheers for posting.

:wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
More great pictures again. Earnest Maidment had a smart fleet of tippers,based at Pontyberem,Near Llanelli.

Thanks Andrew, Paul and Mark will appreciate your comments. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,joints aec I had shunting,ironrails marathon,turners of ebbw vale

Great pics again John ! The AEC looks quite tidy for a shunter ! :laughing:

gazsa401:
“vwvanman0”]The plevin erf looks ex plevin as they pulled bulk sawdust trailers. From Manchester area.
John brash, were/are from Beckingham Lincolnshire.

Plevins HQ is at Elksley just off the A1 North Nottinghamshire
[/quote]
Cheers Gary ! :smiley:

moomooland:
“gazsa401”]
Plevins HQ is at Elksley just off the A1 North Nottinghamshire

R Plevin & Sons head office and main yard is on Cheshire Street, Mossley near Ashton under Lyne.
Their other smaller depots are in Retford, Boston, and Hazelhead near Penistone.
R Plevin & Sons Ltd was formed in 1973 by Roy and Maureen Plevin and is now run by their two sons Jamie & Simon, employing over 200 people across four sites in the UK.
Here’s a shot from 1986 when they were based in Hyde before moving to Mossley ten years later in 1996.
[/quote]
Good stuff Paul as always and a cracking pic ! I cant say i ever remember seeing one of their motors ! :laughing: :wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
I don’t know whose this is,sorry.Looks like a DM reg plate which was Chester and it’s a 6 compartment spirit tank.

No worries Chris that’s the trouble with the dreaded “white” motors,not too many clues ! :wink:

phop:
john brash had demountable trailers, which they would leave at delivery point and return with empty

Thanks “phop” :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”
Here’s one for “240Gardner”

Thank you :wink:

Can you make out the number at all?

No sorry Chris ! :unamused:

hayday:
[“ianto”]The hide and skin firm was Chetwynd from Dehywid near LLanarth on the Cardigan coast They ran theier own wagons blue if i remember and also D J Thomas used to haul for them as well.

I remember the firm DJ Thomas very well as they regularly came up our way a lot. I think they also shifted milk powder from West Wales but I recall the animal skin job and they once were part of a feature film which followed them taking animal skins to (or from) Italy (I think!)
[/quote]
Thanks for the details “hayday”. Cant say i remember that film you are talking about,but would be intresting
to see it ! :smiley: :wink:

240 Gardner:
[“DEANB”]We have had a fair few of Wynns heavy haulage on here from South Wales.

Thanks for the pics Chris. :wink:

pete smith:
[“240 Gardner”]We have had a fair few of Wynns heavy haulage on here from South Wales.
Morning Chris G,
I noticed the pic of the Wynns Atki now in Cadzow livery, here is another Atki in Cadzow livery and one with,I presume, its original owners, N.M.P, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the pic Pete. :smiley:

Limey:
Well, come on! You can’t be a day under 40 in that photo. Maybe the excitement of being allowed in a proper lorry for once has clouded your memory and I can totally understand that. However, on a second viewing the garb is much later, no 1978 style big collars or anything on view. It must have been about 1988 I reckon, the Marathon would have been about due a refurb. by then.

Cheers “Limey” :laughing: