PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Good afternoon Dean and All.
Little story about this ERF.
The companys first step fron rigids to artics. unit from Sandbach to York trailers at North Allerton.
Customer had ordered the trailer direct with help from the York Salesman and I was to invoice both unit and trailer.
Arriving to collect the rig and give the unit a check over as all in customers livery and find to my horror a Mofit Mounty fitted to the rear (after build).This was done direct with Moffit and York and customer paid Moffit direct,“this is important” as to what hapened next.
2 miles down the road the rig is all over the place so creep back to base slowly and phone York to ask about ballancing issues.
They were asked after build to allow Moffit to enter there plant and fit the crane, they did.
Following day as arranged I deliver the rig and inform owner and driver I am not happy with the peformance on the combination so a dummy load should be kept up front for safty, also with a covering letter.
End result.
I was held responsible in the eyes of the law, not, I would add by both ERF and my company for the error. I have still not worked that one out but a very expensive freelance engineer ageed York would have to slide the trailer bogie back and re-fix to ballance it out as the company would not accept a false bulkhead with weights.
We had to pay for that !!!
Can you imagine what that trailer would be like back in the second hand market with no crane on. shudder the think.
Anyway, only customer ever to ■■■■ me off and I refused to deal with them from there on. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: Harvey

P4250137p.JPG