PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Retired Old ■■■■:

oiltreader:
HI Buzzer, looking back on this thread at the picture of the ROWE GROUP vehicle you posted ,reminded me of a Cornish engineering Company that produced haulage trucks and remember them being tested around Cornwall,is this the same Company i’m thinking of-- toshboy

Different outfit toshboy, this pic from and thanks to fellow flickrite Colin Pidoux.

The “other” Rowe produced the Hillmaster range of lorries, looked a bit like forward control Austins of that time. Apparently they were a decent vehicle and the marque may have survived, even flourished if it had a sales team! There are plenty of photos around so I dare say someone will be able to post one or two.
[/quote]
Nice one “ROF” Hillmaster rings a bell,dont know anything about them ! :laughing: :wink:

GBW:

DEANB:
Some period adverts.

I`m sure the vehicle depicted in the Scania advert is of McKelvie Paisley Reg. number HXS 523H. The TDG experimented with this alternative livery, before going back to a more traditional livery.

Thanks for the info “GBW” :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
And here’s a Rowe Hillmaster. I understand that the company built around 120 of these, plus a handful of buses.Not my pic.

Nice pic “ROF” :smiley:

steelboyf10:

HRS:
Hi Dean,
Some time back I said a trailer in one of Pauls shots looked like a “Hopitality Trailer” to which you replied… Pictures !!! New I had one somewhere so found it. This is said trailer as I droped it back to Princes in Millbrook road after picking it up at the manufacturers in Bournemouth.The second shot will have to go on another post as I have yet to master the art of puting two shots on one post, Harvey

Lovely pics “steelboyf10” :laughing: :wink: