Motor Show at Melun (France) 10 & 11 June

I know some of you intend to go to this meeting, which should display civilian commercial vehicles and army trucks on Melun-Villaroche airfield (50 kms South from Paris) on 10 & 11 June.

Personnally, I should be there with 2 friends on Sunday 11th, and would like to know who I’m likely to meet, and to get an idea which British trucks should be on display.

Same weekend as the Gaydon Classic Commercial Show in the UK.

Well, certainly a bad choice in regards of the British enthusiasts!

I shall be there for sure!

David

i have been looking at this show for a couple of years and suggested we should go to the wife but she was not keen as we don’t know anyone who does, so if you are regulars maybe we could tag along in 2018, we cannot do this year as arranged a family meet at west bay dorset for that weekend, ( lots of under the breath swearing kids or trucks kids or trucks mmm )

2017 will be a new start for what was the biggest Vintage Motor Show in France, after a 2-year interruption due to disagreements with the managers af the La Ferté-Alais airfield. We all hope it’ll meet our expectations!

I made this plan (in French, but you’ll certainly understand) to make it easy to find the place. The best is to get onto the A 5b motorway, which merges from the “Francilienne” coming from the North. Get out at exit n° 13, and at the 2 roundabouts, follow "Guignes; Centre Aéronautique; D 57). The entrance to the site of the show will be at the following roundabout, half a mile ahead, withy an aircrat factory (SAFRAN) on your right.

Bonne route, and looking forward to meet some of you!

Froggy55:
2017 will be a new start for what was the biggest Vintage Motor Show in France, after a 2-year interruption due to disagreements with the managers af the La Ferté-Alais airfield. We all hope it’ll meet our expectations!

I made this plan (in French, but you’ll certainly understand) to make it easy to find the place. The best is to get onto the A 5b motorway, which merges from the “Francilienne” coming from the North. Get out at exit n° 13, and at the 2 roundabouts, follow "Guignes; Centre Aéronautique; D 57). The entrance to the site of the show will be at the following roundabout, half a mile ahead, withy an aircrat factory (SAFRAN) on your right.

Is there a railway station or bus service from GDG airport or would it be a taxi job? Also any hotels within walking distance or failing that a hedge to sleep under!?

pete smith:

Froggy55:

Is there a railway station or bus service from GDG airport or would it be a taxi job? Also any hotels within walking distance or failing that a hedge to sleep under!?

There’s a railway connection I believe, but you have to swop trains couple of times if you’re coming from CDG airport I reckon Pete…

You probably need to take RER line “B” from CDG airport to station “Châtelet les Halles”, and there change for line “D” to Melun. From Melun, no other choice than a taxi (expensive in France).

Froggy55:
You probably need to take RER line “B” from CDG airport to station “Châtelet les Halles”, and there change for line “D” to Melun. From Melun, no other choice than a taxi (expensive in France).

Thanks for the info Froggy and Patrick I will investigate in morning :smiley:

Please be careful. The organisers mention with the tickets that you can get a bus (Transdev line n° 51) from Lieusaint-Moissy station (RER D) to the airfield. That bus doesn’t run on week-ends!

Froggy55:
Please be careful. The organisers mention with the tickets that you can get a bus (Transdev line n° 51) from Lieusaint-Moissy station (RER D) to the airfield. That bus doesn’t run on week-ends!

Hi Froggie,
Thank you for all the information but I have been asked to take a motor to Gaydon that weekend, I will have to wait until the next one in 2 years time at least I will have time to sort everthing out!, Cheer’s Pete

On my side, I would certainly enjoy a visit to the Gaydon Show, but it’s a bit far away, almost 500 miles from where I live. Anyway, if ever there are any British trucks at Melun, I’ll make sure you get some pictures. Cheers
Paul

Froggy55:
On my side, I would certainly enjoy a visit to the Gaydon Show, but it’s a bit far away, almost 500 miles from where I live. Anyway, if ever there are any British trucks at Melun, I’ll make sure you get some pictures. Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the offer of the pics, I reckon there will be plenty of French motor’s popping up on Saviems thread as there are quite a few “characters” attending, I will attend next year with out fail but I will need the “Earl of Bretagne” to translate for me! Cheer’s Pete

Hullo Gentlemen and thanks to Froggy55 for having initiated this thread!

I am pleased to confirm that there will be a fairly rich contingent of foreign lorries - and owners!

From what i have helped arranging there will be three British lorries:

• Glenn from Greenodd with his “round-headlighted”, 1983-registered Volvo F12.

I doubt he will be taking his Scania 111 project along, instead I am lead to believe he will be taking his 1968-reg Leyland Super Comet:

• then there will be Neil from Scunthorpe, with his beautifully-restored Scania 92 - probably the last time he is taking this motor for he has another, bigger project on-going. But he will tell you about ghat in person as and when you walk into him. Like Glenn, Neil is a particularly nice and approachable person.

-last but not least, Terry has once again confirmed his participation, along with what I personally consider one of my all-time preferred lorries, his Scammell Crusader:

M. et Mme Fergie , M.et Mme MaggieD, and young Patrick… :wink:

pete smith:
I will attend next year with out fail but I will need the “Earl of Bretagne” to translate for me! Cheer’s Pete

Could be a plan … :wink:

Excellent!!

Look forward to meet all of you, in some cases again. :smiley:

I fell asleep last night before I could continue. There are some further guests whose presence i want to share.

• Nicky Armstrong (who moved to Italy many moons ago) will be there with a Ford Transcontinental similar to the one he used to drive through Europe in the 70s and 80s, along with his son Robert who I understand will be taking a recently restored OM lorry.
    No pictures available i am afraid. Yet…!