Edwin Shirley Tucking "you rock we roll"

Sorry yet another London Company I remember Edwin Shirley Trucking, services to the music industry “you rock we roll” on the front of their trucks very clever !!
I remember sitting in one of their Daf 2800 space cabs what a motor in those days.
someone out there must have some stories and photo’s

southlondoner:
Sorry yet another London Company I remember Edwin Shirley Trucking, services to the music industry “you rock we roll” on the front of their trucks very clever !!
I remember sitting in one of their Daf 2800 space cabs what a motor in those days.
someone out there must have some stories and photo’s

were they painted pink

No Purple and yellow signwriting from what I remember.

From 2008… viewtopic.php?f=35&t=33057&hilit=edwin+shirley

From 2004… viewtopic.php?f=35&t=109463&hilit=edwin+shirley

The youtube clip at the beginning of the 2004 link is still live. :wink:

I did a couple of tours for them in the mid 80’s as a freelance.
Edwin Shirley was a real character , he died a few years ago , in his 50’s I think.
The two other Directors were Del Roll and Ollie Kite. Perhaps Edwin would only associate with people with strange names. :smiley:
I remember their old yard at East Ham was a real challenge to get in or out of… It had a very narrow ninety degree turn between two walls.
Sadly I don’t have any pics that survive of the trucks.

I know there are a few ex drivers on here but you rarely see stories posted…
IIRC there is a thread on here about EST…

Cheers now.
Balders.

Baldrick1953:
…I remember their old yard at East Ham was a real challenge to get in or out of… It had a very narrow ninety degree turn between two walls…

That was supposedly a major part of the job interview, get in a unit, go find trailer number ### and pull it out to the front of the yard. :laughing: :wink:

Transam Trucking bought the transport side out a few years ago they have kept the colours so still see them about

There is a driver on here drives for Transam " euromat" often post a diary on the PDF he may have some stories

Under the photos heading look for Tour Truck photos.

Dave Colly Collins GFC365S.JPG

Nice outfit Gaz, and I don’t mean the rig :laughing: :sunglasses:

I’m pretty sure I remember Truck magazine doing an article about EST… It was called " You Rock We Roll"… Might have been a Long Distance Diary.

Am sure Dean can dig it out for any that are interested…

There was another thread on here about Edwin Shirley i think last year ?

Baldrick1953:
Nice outfit Gaz, and I don’t mean the rig :laughing: :sunglasses:

I’m pretty sure I remember Truck magazine doing an article about EST… It was called " You Rock We Roll"… Might have been a Long Distance Diary.

Am sure Dean can dig it out for any that are interested…

Yes indeed i do have it,finding it is a different matter ! But i will see if i can locate it.

Nice one Dean , thanks.

Also, That’s just what we need more of on these threads… Semi naked women!!!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cheers all. Balders.

Baldrick1953:
Nice one Dean , thanks.

Also, That’s just what we need more of on these threads… Semi naked women!!!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cheers all. Balders.

Totally agree Balders. :smiley: :laughing:

lovebunny15.jpg

:laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Now, Dean . THATS The way to get a thread going Ha!! Fair made my day mate. :wink:
Well done sport.

Baldrick1953:
:lol: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Now, Dean . THATS The way to get a thread going Ha!! Fair made my day mate. :wink:
Well done sport.

Hows the blood pressure this morning Baldrick ! :laughing:

(Click on pages twice to magnify for reading)

About 190 over a 100 and rising…
Funny enough I have a blood pressure check tomorrow so I’d better stop looking for now.

Well done on searching out that EST article . Will have a read later.

Cheers now
Balders.

I was the first “subbie” to do a tour with EST in early 1980. A good mate (Dave Bicknell) worked for EST on general haulage (the only one doing so) mainly for Sea Route Ferry when they were at Empress Road, Southampton. He put a word in for me and the rest is…rock and roll.

gazzer:
I was the first “subbie” to do a tour with EST in early 1980. A good mate (Dave Bicknell) worked for EST on general haulage (the only one doing so) mainly for Sea Route Ferry when they were at Empress Road, Southampton. He put a word in for me and the rest is…rock and roll.

Quality truck Gazzer !!

edwin8.jpg

Bob the bus!

DAF 3300