South London Firms

Anyone remember or have photo’s of South London Haulage firms, here are some I remember and some I may have worked on as a Scania apprentice.

G E Francis (George Francis)
Surrey Wharf (Teddy Clouten}
B Titterall (Barry Titterall)
H T S (Ralph Hilton)
Pierpoint & Halpen
Grangewood
E A Hellmouth
J & H (Peckham Hill Street)
Bowden Transport (Peckham Hill Street)

Also am I dreaming or do I remember Beck & Pollitzer doing heavy haulage ■■
Any help or Photo’s much appreciated,

Beck @ Pollitzer were a large company and many of the knowledgeable contributors on here know far more than I of the lorries in their fleet. However, they were also heavily into exhibition work for many years and I have just posted an anecdote on the old Promotor drivers thread concerning their involvement in just one such event.

southlondoner:
Anyone remember or have photo’s of South London Haulage firms, here are some I remember and some I may have worked on as a Scania apprentice.

G E Francis (George Francis)
Surrey Wharf (Teddy Clouten}
B Titterall (Barry Titterall)
H T S (Ralph Hilton)
Pierpoint & Halpen
Grangewood
E A Hellmouth
J & H (Peckham Hill Street)
Bowden Transport (Peckham Hill Street)

Also am I dreaming or do I remember Beck & Pollitzer doing heavy haulage ■■
Any help or Photo’s much appreciated,

Beck and Pollitzer had a depot in Trafford Park,Manchester and carried out factory plant removals,I think London and Birmingham were other depots too,red ERF’s that vaguely remember seeing in and about the Manchester area,sorry no pictures though.

David

Beck and Pollitzer were a TDG owned Company and I did a bit of nice business with them in the mid 80’s IIRC when they had a big job removing and installing plant and machinery at the Libby ( Nestle) factory next door to our depot. There was no space on the factory site for B & P to have an office so I rented them an unused and redundant Portacabin just over the fence next to the factory, and laid on electric and telephones for them. They had about 6 or 7 engineers working for about 12 months IIRC, great bunch of lads ! When they finished I had the portacabin cut up with a chain saw and fired it at the bottom of the yard which was 12 months later than it would have happened !! Luvverly Jubberly £££ ! Cheers Dennis.