Demise of Heanor Haulage

Just been brought to my notice,that the Directors of HH have decided to up the drawbridge so to speak.

I started my haulage career with Tommy Keogh’s in Wilmslow,then latterly with John Jones (Excavations),so I well remember meeting up with HH drivers to chew the cud at various gastronomic delights,or not,an iconic heavy haulage contractor gone,a sad day indeed.

David

5thwheel:
Just been brought to my notice,that the Directors of HH have decided to up the drawbridge so to speak.

I started my haulage career with Tommy Keogh’s in Wilmslow,then latterly with John Jones (Excavations),so I well remember meeting up with HH drivers to chew the cud at various gastronomic delights,or not,an iconic heavy haulage contractor gone,a sad day indeed.

David

Well this is sad news, Heres one of their greats, Regards Larry.

100_2359.jpg

About 1997 ish, We did a couple of loads for them from the Ministry site at Benton up to Roe Island Barrow on Furnace, It was a Saturday job & paid top notch money, There was none of Heanors motors on this run as they subbed it out to local hauliers in the Newcastle area for obvious reasons no boubt, The good old days when you could make a few bob even running back MT, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
About 1997 ish, We did a couple of loads for them from the Ministry site at Benton up to Roe Island Barrow on Furnace, It was a Saturday job & paid top notch money, There was none of Heanors motors on this run as they subbed it out to local hauliers in the Newcastle area for obvious reasons no boubt, The good old days when you could make a few bob even running back MT, Regards Larry.

Well Im a taken aback with the no responce to this long standing heavy haulage firm, Their motors were seen everywhere, Sureley there must be some good pictures of their heavy haulage movements over the years, So Bring it on lads :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Well Im a taken aback with the no responce to this long standing heavy haulage firm, Their motors were seen everywhere, Sureley there must be some good pictures of their heavy haulage movements over the years, So Bring it on lads :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Here’s one from The Bluebell Line

Is that a voland :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

All their stuff was being sold at an auction some weeks ago, any idea’s where most of it is going to end up…?
Might be a proper add to the Metcalfe’s fleet…?

Cheers, Patrick

1 of the 8x4 volvos is at a dealer in preston

Heanor Heavy Haulage - Volvo FH - (FJ56KLP):

Lance Biscomb:
Is that a voland :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No it’s a Scammell,lol,lol!

David

I used to see their motors quite often apart from on the motorways when I used to call into my Brothers, he lived near by off Junction 27. I would have thought there was still plenty work for the likes of heavy haulage especially one of such long standing as Heanor Haulage, always a shame to hear of places closing down. Franky.

Bit ironic, “the never ending story”…

Cheers, Patrick

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Couple more.
Oily

oiltreader:
Couple more.
Oily

Cracking photos there Oily, Its a shame that this long established heavey haulage firm has bit the dust, I wonder who will do the work that they did now ■■?, Regards Larry.

Id like to know why I expect Reids & Metcalf helped
Cheers
Rich

Lawrence Dunbar:

oiltreader:
Couple more.
Oily

Cracking photos there Oily, Its a shame that this long established heavey haulage firm has bit the dust, I wonder who will do the work that they did now ■■?, Regards Larry.

Allelys ■■ I reckon they’ll definitely do the railway connected haulage

A few more.
Oily

Heanor Keith Evans cc by sa 2.0 56040_Oystermouth_-geograph.org.uk-ke_1490416.jpg

Heanor Keith Evans cc by sa 2.0 1490424_98ad3d79ke.jpg

Heavy Haul cr Sylvia Duckworth cc by sa 2.0 Antique_railway_carriage_on_the_move_-geograph.org.uksd-_704608.jpg

Heanor Clive Warneford cc by sa 2.0 a horsebox 1093567cw_a341e648.jpg

gal2-7.jpg

gal4-7.jpg

gal5-8.jpg

pict1957.jpg

his15.jpg

his14.jpg

his11.jpg