Quest trucks

Ref Quest 80 trucks.
Here are a few mainly comical and grainy pictures i managed to grab of these strange beasts.
There were two of them, a box van, Reg WNT 502Y,and a tipper,Reg D166 FHA .
They nearly always managed to appear unexpectedly, catching me out and leaving me frantically scrabbling for my camera.
It wasn’t till i caught the box van at rest just outside Kidderminster that i managed to have a close look and chat to the driver.
When i asked him what he knew about them he told me that they had some connection with Guest Motors of West Bromwich, who if i remember correctly were
main Ford Agents,? .Now whether he meant that they were supplied by Guest Motors and/or built by them i do not know, or perhaps he was tired of being quizzed about it and was ‘having me on’.
I can understand that the Quest logo on the grill could have easily been mistaken for Guest 80.
he also told me that it was being retired shortly, along with himself…
Of course they were in fact built in Telford, along with a number of PSVs, all of which had a short working life.
The reasons i think are too well known to warrant repeating here,nonetheless,its a shame they have gone from the everyday scene,unsuccessful or not, they made a welcome change from the ever increasing ‘sameness’ of the Eurocab.

130887b.jpg

010687b.jpg

140487a.jpg