Can anyone help with this Astrans print

Whilst clearing out my Late fathers House we came across this Painting/Print. It is serial numbered 46/50 and Done by Alan Spillet

It shows a 141 wagon and drag and is entitled Ararat.

Any help as to its History and or value would be appreciated please. Thanks in Advance.

Alan Spillett used to paint hundreds of brilliant pictures of roadscapes throughout Britain and some Middle-East ones too. His name is very well known on this forum. Here’s the picture you are referring to - it’s floating on the internet along with many of his others.

Robert

Thank you Robert. I thought with it being serial numbered it was a limited edition print. We found it still in its original packaging the lot. never been Hung.No receipt though.

Quick edit to add this link which i have just found. I assume dad Bought it at Gaydon.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=71522

Trucky Mc truckface:
Thank you Robert. I thought with it being serial numbered it was a limited edition print. We found it still in its original packaging the lot. never been Hung.No receipt though.

Quick edit to add this link which i have just found. I assume dad Bought it at Gaydon.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=71522

If it has a serial number it will almost certainly be a limited edition. Robert

There is / was a TN member by the name of TruckerAsh. He wrote a book about Astran and its history and is a bit of a guru when it comes to all things related to the company. You could try sending him a PM and he may be able to help. As Robert has said, it would appear to one of a limited addition print.

Why not contact Alan Spillett directly? He has the Roadscapes website and I’m sure he’ll give all the information.

Thanks Gingerfold. I have fired a email off to him. Reference Trucker ash i cant find any contact details for him. Either way the Painting/Print will be going in a auction of dads things.

Trucky Mc truckface:
…Reference Trucker ash i cant find any contact details for him…

Click on the link you posted, then click on his name (in blue lettering) and it will bring up a page where you can click to send him a private message.

Thanks Bullitt. Pm fired off so as to speak.

Hi trucky mc truckface
Alan Spillet was “comissioned” to do the painting by my good friend Charles Trace.
It depicts the Scania 110 which was driven by Gordon Pearce and Ray Neal on the very first trip which Astran undertook to Kuwait.
Both Gordon and Ray personally signed each of the limited edition prints along with Alan.
They sold for £100 each and all monies reaised went to Charles’s charity “The Point Foundation”.
As to what the print is worth?.. its all about what someone will pay!
They all sold out very quickly, so if there is someone out there who desperatly wants one, then who knows what you will get !

Hi Ash
I trust that you are well. Long time no speak !
Are you sure about the depiction of the trip to Kuwait ? Ararat is on the way to Iran. :confused:
None the less The painting is stunning.
Best regards
GS

Took a wrong turn at Ankara or Sivas :unamused: ? Robert

I cant believe Gavin is questioning “Ashley the Astran Oracle!!”

I don’t Think it’s questioning as such,but if the pic is called Ararat then it’s a bloody long way round to Kuwait[unless you’re paid by the kms]’
As far as i remember,i thought the 'wagon and drags only done the northern routes,Iran,Afghan and Pakistan.

Attention to detail…thats all. :smiley: