Will Brexit Mean The End Of The Euro Pallet?

This morning one of our more occasional customers asked how many Euro pallets our six-wheeler rigid can carry. I provided the answer with the comment, as a joke, that after Brexit we would only be carrying standard sized pallets. The customer believes me! So it got me thinking, what other useless bits of kit has the EU foisted upon us? I would gladly ban Euro pallets for starters.

Speed limiters.

bullitt:
Speed limiters.

+1

oh, and hi-viz vests other than when it’s bloody obvious that you need one. R

WTD + DCPC

Europeans :wink:

ramone:

Europeans are fine - between two slices of Greek pitta bread, drizzled with Italian olive oil; served with Swiss cheese, Spanish garlic, Dutch tomatoes; and washed down with carafes of Bulgarian red wine :wink: . Robert

robert1952:

ramone:

Europeans are fine - between two slices of Greek pitta bread, drizzled with Italian olive oil; served with Swiss cheese, Spanish garlic, Dutch tomatoes; and washed down with carafes of Bulgarian red wine :wink: . Robert

Obviously on the continent Robert :wink:

Will we get back our lay-bys and industrial estates which are full of Eastern Europeans camping out for weeks on end?

Pints, gallons, pounds and ounces for starters.

gingerfold:
This morning one of our more occasional customers asked how many Euro pallets our six-wheeler rigid can carry. I provided the answer with the comment, as a joke, that after Brexit we would only be carrying standard sized pallets. The customer believes me! So it got me thinking, what other useless bits of kit has the EU foisted upon us? I would gladly ban Euro pallets for starters.

Spray suspresion plastic bristle mud flaps they must be an eu directive would they ? Let’s get rid and bring back the smooth rubber flap :smiley:

Ban Euro trucks and drivers or at least make them pay £200 per load to drive on our roads for they have decimated this counties Road Transport Industry, we had enough dopy brits chopping rates without them coming over here and doing an even better job. They break the rules and we have not enough staff on hand to enforce them if broken, lets remind every one if you wrong on the continent you are parked and all papers are removed and you do not go any where until the jumped up mammoth fine is paid, perhaps we should adopt the same methods here. They have ruined our industry and the government do not give a toss as they want to stay sweet with the EU over Brexit. We have no backbone and trying to get those still involved in our industry to stick together to fight this is like trying to hold water in a paper bag so I only see a worsening situation in the future.
When we trigger article what ever it is to leave the EU it is still going to be a long and protracted time of at least two years and maybe a lot longer and this I just cannot understand, I am 67 years old and worry if I will live long enough to see this country of ours actually free of the EU and I am sure I am not the only one wanting this as quickly as possible, not holding my breath Buzzer.

Red passports.

Don’t anybody tell me that we will have to go back to Pounds, Shillings, Pennies and Farthings?

I’ve only just got used to the present lot! But it would mean that my Mother could send me out for a pen’orth of Dripping again. Happy days

David

It could even mean the end to Tachographs and the return to Log Books

Would we be exempt from the Eurovision Song Contest ■■? :wink:

Seriously , I would love to see the full list of regulations (hindrances) we have had forced on our industry from the EU. I bet it would be even worse than we could imagine, the problem is we probably wont remove them once we are out

ramone:

What, and miss out on songs like Puppet On A String? Come to think of it, that '60s winner turned out to be a bit of a prophesy didn’t it! Robert

robert1952:

ramone:

What, and miss out on songs like Puppet On A String? Come to think of it, that '60s winner turned out to be a bit of a prophesy didn’t it! Robert

The U.K. Was “European” prior to joining the EU,Brexit does not mean we are leaving Europe, if it did,it would be disastrous.

David

5thwheel:

robert1952:

ramone:

The U.K. Was “European” prior to joining the EU,Brexit does not mean we are leaving Europe, if it did,it would be disastrous.

David

D’accord! Robert

Me and a group of friends went to New York last July and whilst having a drink in a Brooklyn bar met some women from N.Ireland who were living in New York. One was very opinionated and started laying into one of my mates saying how we had let Ireland down by voting out and should be ashamed of ourselves. She got louder and louder and my mate just listened and then asked if she knew what democracy meant and if she was so concerned about N.Ireland why the hell was she living in the USA. A few months later a couple of friends of mine went to the Munich beer festival and at one point were surrounded by a group of Germans who realised they were English , they were all wanting to shake my mates hands and were saying what a great thing we had done by voting out and they wished they had the same vote, then some Scandinavians joined in and were saying the same thing .