R.I.P. Uwe Ploog

Some one has just posted on Photos of Trucks of Australia that Uwe Ploog has died service will be on Thursday 6th April @1 pm Eltham Crematorium.

Uwe was a seminal figure in the long distance trucking industry and meant a lot to many people…

RIP Uwe …our thoughts go to your family and friends…

Jeff…

A wonderfully reassuring chap to talk to as you stood clutching your TIR-carnet in the Astran office at the start of a M/E trip. Sorry to read of this news. My thoughts are with his family. RIP Uwe. Robert

Very sad news.

You are quite right Robert - Uwe was a professional at a time when many were not

R.I.P. Uwe and condolences to his family.

Hugh

Ashley Coghill has posted a piece on FB, a part of which I’ve scanned below at his behest, complete with a picture. Robert

Sadly, Astran Owner/Director Uwe Ploog has passed away.
Uwe was recruited in 1977 as Commercial Manager. Previously he was employed by MAT Middle East as General Operations Manager. In 1979 when Astran went into receivership, Ploog (and Bob Paul) fought to keep the company afloat and after numerous board room meetings with solicitors and administrators it was agreed that Ploog would take over control which he then renamed Astran Cargo Services, which still applies today. In 1988 Ploog became sole owner.

R.I.P Uwe. Condolencen to his family

Danne

Very sad news.
R.I.P. Uwe.

R.I.P. Mr Ploog, sincere condolences to friends & family. :frowning:
gary