JCB Auction

i see they are getting rid of 6 ERF EC11 tractor units :frowning: plus several trailers.auction is 28th of March.

And a 8 wheeler EC :smiley: :sunglasses:

Haulage being farmed out, perhaps?

Any chance of a link to the said auction ?

Hi all. I was visiting the U.K. Christmas 2014 and passed a few of JCBs ECs on the way to Derby around Dan’s area. My friends brother works for JCB and whilst out shopping we were able to get hold of January 2015 Classic & Vintage Commercial magazine which has a feature on those trucks including the 8 wheeler Dan refers to. They were used to transfer parts between the factories.
Dan it would be great if you could get hold of one or two!

Regards Paul

Trucky Mc truckface:
Any chance of a link to the said auction ?

saw the auction advertised in April 2017 edition of Heritage Commercials.good article also on a Ross-on-Wye company still running a fleet of ERF’s and Foden’s :smiley:

Here is a link. The trucks are right at the bottom of the page.

amsauctions.co.uk/catalogue. … ction=1081

carryfast-yeti:
[quote= also on a Ross-on-Wye company still running a fleet of ERF’s and Foden’s :smiley:

Roberts, aka Ross Roadways, aka H S Williams I would guess?

From, a member of the Bamford family yesterday - The ERFs are fully restored, surplus to requirements and NOT from their operational fleet. Also in the sale are a number of the family’s car collection which again are surplus to requirements. They are extremely proud of their fleet of ERFs which are used mainly by the demonstration teams, plus some inter-works movements, and have no intention of phasing it out.

I have been told (unofficially) that the ‘green fleet’ have made a number of approaches over the years and have been told very firmly to ‘go away’ each time!

Steve

Ste46:

I have been told (unofficially) that the ‘green fleet’ have made a number of approaches over the years and have been told very firmly to ‘go away’ each time!

Steve

What is the Green Fleet?

[zb]
anorak:

Ste46:

Steve

What is the Green Fleet?

Stobarts?

pete smith:

[zb]
anorak:

Ste46:

Steve

What is the Green Fleet?

Stobarts?

Correct! - considering the flack they get on here, it shouldn’t have taken too much guesswork!

Steve

Ste46:

pete smith:

[zb]
anorak:

Ste46:

Steve

What is the Green Fleet?

Stobarts?

Correct! - considering the flack they get on here, it shouldn’t have taken too much guesswork!

Steve

Durrr… I forgot about them. Scratched my head for a few minutes too :laughing: . IIRC, they have other vehicles in their livery, which predate their own existence.

Ste46:
From, a member of the Bamford family yesterday - The ERFs are fully restored, surplus to requirements and NOT from their operational fleet. Also in the sale are a number of the family’s car collection which again are surplus to requirements. They are extremely proud of their fleet of ERFs which are used mainly by the demonstration teams, plus some inter-works movements, and have no intention of phasing it out.

Steve

glad to hear that! :smiley:

I’ve heard the double drive unit made £22000 , can anyone confirm this ?

Punchy Dan:
I’ve heard the double drive unit made £22000 , can anyone confirm this ?

No Dan, it went for £24,500 but I think that included buyers premium.

Pete.

24,500 the double drive,all ERFs that was in auction had 10% discount on sale price,they were all above average condition,very clean and well maintained with no expense spared by the looks of it,attention to detail and finesse could be clearly seen.

pete smith:

[zb]
anorak:

Ste46:

Steve

What is the Green Fleet?

Stobarts?

Who the ■■■■ is Stobarts, Regards Larry. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Those photos are a few yrs old as those names were put on the front as a joke .

Punchy Dan:
Those photos are a few yrs old as those names were put on the front as a joke .

Took those pictures Monday on viewing day before auction day tuesday,although the coconut airways truck was covered over when you looked at pictures on line,don’t know why.