Information Classic & Vintage Commercials

I am after a photograph of Allisons of Dundee

I am told it was in the Classic & Vintage Commercials magazine ( July, August, September ■■? Issue)

Can somebody let me know which one, if they have a copy

It was an Allison of Dundee ERF , LV I think it was in the PD on a roll section, I think the photo was taken at Vauxhall Luton

Many thanks chaps, if you can help

The livery was Allisons Freightlines, it will have had an AF on the cab,

I’ll have a look ,will swap for a get out of jail free card :wink:

I don,t recall Allisons having any ERF,s but that WAS a long time ago ■■?

Hi Wheeltapper - I have the magazine in front of me - page 18, August issue, ERF 68GX of Allisons Freightlines. You are welcome to the magazine as I was having a clear-out of back issues.

Found this picture on the net

I said earlier that I don,t remember any ERF ,s in the fleet but thinking about it when Allison,s changed from Transport to freightlines there were a lot of takeovers for instance …Spinks of Darlington …Midland motors Nottingham …Browns of beverly… Kemps of Leslie …one company from Hawarden in Nth Wales and a Company in London so there ended up quite a mishmash of makes and one of them must have been an ERF …all this took place about 67 /68

When I get hold of the photo we can confirm, kindly being forwarded by Mexifill, the ERF my dad thinks came to Allison’s when they bought out Sid Harris from Glasgow.

scaniavabis -530:
Found this picture on the net

This was a publicity shot in Commercial Motor taken at Dundee, of the livery change from old Allison’s into Allison’s Freightlines

backsplice:
I said earlier that I don,t remember any ERF ,s in the fleet but thinking about it when Allison,s changed from Transport to freightlines there were a lot of takeovers for instance …Spinks of Darlington …Midland motors Nottingham …Browns of beverly… Kemps of Leslie …one company from Hawarden in Nth Wales and a Company in London so there ended up quite a mishmash of makes and one of them must have been an ERF …all this took place about 67 /68

Spinks was part of Amalgamated transport that bought into Allison’s when things started to go pear shaped

The “Amalgamated” title came from the parent Co. , “Amalgamated Rubber” who IIRC were owners of Malaysian Rubber plantations so what they were thinking of getting into UK transport was strange to say the least ! It all collapsed into a pile of ■■■■■ fairly quickly though ! Cheers Bewick.