Dorada Commercials Surrey Docks

Hi Folks I’m a new member so please be patient !! I was born in South East London In 1958 and my Dad was a lorry driver I used to go everywhere with him and have many memories of old haulage firms that I hope you can share/help me with.
To start off with my old man said if you want to drive lorries you better learn how to fix em so I ended up as an apprentice at a Scania dealers Dorada Commercials Redriff Rd Surrey Docks, does anyone remember them or have photo’s of the companies Scania’s I worked on here are some to jog your memory ■■
G E Francis (silver purple Scania 110s)
Surry Wharf (Burgundy Scania’s mostly container transport owner Teddy Cloutem)
B Titterall Blue Scania’s with Gold coach lines

Some other local firms I remember
Grangwoods
Pierpoint & Halpin
T Cooper
Ralph Hilton HTS
William Beadle

Hi ,also used to work at DORADA COM with John churcher,dave Johnson etc : TAITY :

Hello South Londoner you just jerked me memory cells with Barry A Titterall, the first time I went to Italy a did not have a clue though I had done a lot of just France beforehand, I bumped into two of Titteralls just South of Paris and they said they would show me the ropes so to speak one had a 141 the other a 140 and they had the power over my 110 , anyways they got wind of a custom strike at the blanc so decided to go over Mt Cenis no weight restrictions back then but by the time we got near to the border every one and his uncle had the same idea but alas the strike was on Cenis as well and there we were sat on the steps for two days, the picture below sadly is just the ass end of a Titterall tilt and all I can say is they never hung about and I had a job keeping up, Mary Hopkins moments them cheers Buzzer

transportphotos.com/road/photos

Hi SL
Welcome to the Family. :smiley:
I used to work as a Fitter/Recovery Driver at Twyford Commercial during the early Eighties, before I was old enough to get my Class 1.
I’m out of the East-End originally but was living with a bird in Deptford when I was working there. You might remember Twyfords. Doug Twyford. Great Boss.
Enjoy the forum.
GS

Hi Cockneyreble, I remember John Churcher and Dave Johnson “DJ” very well some other names that might ring a bell Bernie, Colin Nazer, Steve Selby, Roy Oshimbolu, little Steve in parts dept, after one year at Dorada it all changed to Cameron Commercials were you there then ?

Thanks, southlondoner, you’ve just reminded me of the name of the Spanish beer I used to like!