1960's &70's town centre lorry parks, where were they?

formertrucker:
3300John

The lorry park in Edmonton was in Willoughby Lane, over the bridge and down the lane. There was a gatehouse that was manned by a man whose daughter often accompanied him logging the vehicles in. Opposite the gatehouse was the toilet/washroom in a portacabin type building. As well as the pub over the bridge there was also a good chippy that was run by a Greek or Turkish guy, sold great ribs ‘n’ chips! The Basildon company I worked for used to haul the cookers for Mains Gas next door and they had an arrangement to park their trailers in the lorry park. Used to take the cookers all over the country (often reloading in Mains Gas in Padiham) as well as also trucking electric cookers out of Belling in Enfield. Wouldn’t mind a pound for every night I spent in the lorry park ready for an early start! The Tesco store is where Mains Gas used to be, I haven’t been round that area for years but you say that Ikea stands where the truck park used to be.

Hey john.
I used to do the same job.I was subbing for jeakins out of basildon when i drove for snaylams of bolton.Happy days.