IMG_2816.JPG
IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG
IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2743.JPG
IMG_2749.JPG
IMG_2729.JPG

I hope you dont mind me adding a few to this thread revman.

Both these belong to John Murphy who is one of the event organizers

Ian Bentleys Foden
J Barretts ERF still a working motor
Paul Parkers Foden which he has recently acquired

IMG_2783.JPGno prob stanfield

IMG_1435.JPG

Cracking pictures Revman , but does anyone else think to themselves " They aren’t very old , I used to drive them " ? Dave

rigsby:
Cracking pictures Revman , but does anyone else think to themselves " They aren’t very old , I used to drive them " ? Dave

ye but made my day Dave had a drive in Paul Duggan’s superb ec14,fifteen years since I had this one regards Alan

It’s a sign that you are getting older when you go to a classic event and find that you drove most of the vehicles on show! :unamused:

The Motorman’s cafe on the A62 Standage Road is finally closing its doors.Today there was a final get together of drivers and their lorries.
I have added a few photos of the lorries that turned up and there are many more @ flickr.com/photos/stanny47

Great photos , Its a shame that the cafe is closing, Ive had many a good breakfast in there, The first visit was 1958 it was a popular stop for North East drivers heading to Manchester, Thank you for posting them, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Great photos , Its a shame that the cafe is closing, Ive had many a good breakfast in there, The first visit was 1958 it was a popular stop for North East drivers heading to Manchester, Thank you for posting them, Regards Larry.

Hell, that’s a shock. The Motormans has been going a lot of years, I first went in about 1959 (before the M62 had been invented)., get baulked by a slow vehicle coming through Marsden and that was low gear all the way up the Standedge, might as well call at The Motormans while the hill cleared a bit… It was not uncommon for a moorland sheep to come wandering in for a few scraps…chased out and sheep s hit all over the floor. :smiley:
VERY happy days.

rigsby:

Oh yes, and if I was a bit fitter and I hadn’t let my licence go…I’d happily drive em today because IMO they beat the hell out of the modern Euro boxes with their 5/6/700 bhp engines and auto boxes. They were proper lorries. :wink:

grumpy old man:

rigsby:

Oh yes, and if I was a bit fitter and I hadn’t let my licence go…I’d happily drive em today because IMO they beat the hell out of the modern Euro boxes with their 5/6/700 bhp engines and auto boxes. They were proper lorries. :wink:

Me too, The good old days, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

grumpy old man:

rigsby:

Me too, The good old days, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

I used go over Standege with an old Atki WTN 58 , It had a 5 potter Percy flat out at 32 MPH, I only dropped one gear into fourth & it pulled a train with 10 ton on its back, It had a 32 gallon fuel tank & was loaded both ways & I only refueled when I got back to Newcastle, This was 1958/9 & I was earning £20.00 a week, Mind you I put long hours in But it was worth it, Plus the night out money was 12 bob, & the digs was 9 Bob, Thats if I had time to park up that is, The happy long gone days when I was a young lad, I could do it all again :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry

Hell, that stirred the grey cells. I’ve still got (somewhere) a pay slip for £18/ 1/ 11p. (for our younger viewers that’s 18 pounds, one shilling, and eleven pence…£18.20 in todays money) It was the gross amount for a full week, 40 hours . Tanker driving.

deleted, double post.

grumpy old man:
deleted, double post.

Hi GOM double single malt would sound much better, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Ive had a couple of Lochlomond Single malt only 40 volt thought But very smooth, Regards Larry.

Hi Revman .Great post,with some good old wagons. What is the name of the guy in the headband? I have met him,possibly he was on for Pawsons at the time. Cheers

Lawrence Dunbar:

grumpy old man:
deleted, double post.

Hi GOM double single malt would sound much better, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Ive had a couple of Lochlomond Single malt only 40 volt thought But very smooth, Regards Larry.

Now don’t laugh, but at the moment I’m supping an Islay that I got from Lidl supermarket for £17. Not in the same league as Ardbeg or Talisker but a poor old pensioner has to get a drop when and where he can :smiley: