Russian Roulette

DEANB:

Vodka Cola Cowboy:
Another very interesting article Dean. You certainly have a great collection. It was so that people can share these sort of items that I started the thread. To spread information about what the work was like and how truckers got on out there. Thanks for putting these articles up.

Yes Dan. A magnum out East. Actually there was a Magnum being run by Desotra, that used to get out to Moscow.
Desotra, were a German subsidiary of Sovtransavto. Just as Nesotra were the Dutch one.
Nesotra used Holtima as their haulier and there are pictures of Nesotra/Holtima trucks earlier in the thread, put on by Patrick.

But there were four trucks on for Desotra. The strange thing being that the four guys who drove them came from different parts of the old West Germany. My best mate among them was Hansi, who came from Hannover. The other lads came from Stuttgart, Munich and from the Ruhr.
One of them drove a magnum.
One morning at the Minsk motel, it was around -20C and the Magnum would not start. I pulled alongside him and gave him a jump start.I had not realised that the batteries slid out, on a sort of tray, on the Magnum. But, as they say, you learn something new every day. LOL. :unamused:

Mick, you should find a thread i did a while back called Russia/middle east/other unusual destinations. That
had some rare and intresting stuff on it.Click on pages twice to read.

Part 2.

Thanks for the scanned article DeanB. Great reading. I found your other thread “Russia/middle east/other unusual destinations”. Here is the link for it: Russia/middle east/other unusual destinations - OLD TIME LORRIES, COMPANIES AND DRIVERS (INTERACT - Trucknet UK.