Russian Roulette

Just a quick reminder of what Russians like to do with their trucks.

But, it reminds me that during the period 1990 - 1995, there were three Western drivers killed in the Western Soviet Union. Each one of them was in collision with an unlit Soviet vehicle.
The first was an Englishman driving for a Dutch company, “Blue Star”. He was in an accident about 10 miles West of Smolensk, while heading towards Moscow. As he was on his first trip I did not know him. He collided with an unlit Sov’ truck, at night. He did not die at the scene, but passed away a few days later in Smolensk hospital. When I next passed the scene of the accident the vehicles had been removed, so I did not see how much damage had been done to his truck. However, Igor, my mate at the Smolensk Motel told me all of the details.
The second was a German lad driving a Wagon and Drag. He too was heading for Moscow and was killed in an accident just inside the Russian border near Orsha. I passed the scene, heading West on the following morning and did see his vehicle by the roadside. The cab was trashed completely. The culprit again was an unlit Russian truck.
The third was a Frenchman who was in a collision with an unlit giant earth mover, just to the North of Odessa. Again, I saw the vehicle, because it had been moved to a Police compound, which stood beside the road, at a Police post. Nobody would have got out of that alive.