Russian Roulette

Jelliot:
By the look of the colour of the mud I would say they’re somewhere south of Samara on their way through the Caspian Depression heading to the top end of the Arial Sea ( or what’\ was left of it )

We used to carry filters with us… usually a couple of full sets Air, Fuel, oil, air dryer… As long as you could keep going faster than the wind was blowing the dust you were all right… we didn’t use to tow to tail… usually half a K or so between trucks…

On some of the really rough stuff you might only be able to do 15 20 k’s so if the wind was going faster than that in the same direction it would ■■■■ your own dust into the air stack… time for parking up for a while…

The worst sand storm I was in was in the northern Sahara …Tunisia… there’s a story about that…

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=110708&hilit=surprising+tale#p1683134

Not trying to knick you thread here Mick…

Jeff…

Thanks Jeff. I had never considered the impact of the wind blowing faster than you could travel. Was any modifications being made to air intakes to try and add additional filtering, I guess keeping the inside of the lorry clean was also challenging.

Vodka Cola Cowboy:

Jelliot:
By the look of the colour of the mud I would say they’re somewhere south of Samara on their way through the Caspian Depression heading to the top end of the Arial Sea ( or what’\ was left of it )

We used to carry filters with us… usually a couple of full sets Air, Fuel, oil, air dryer… As long as you could keep going faster than the wind was blowing the dust you were all right… we didn’t use to tow to tail… usually half a K or so between trucks…

On some of the really rough stuff you might only be able to do 15 20 k’s so if the wind was going faster than that in the same direction it would ■■■■ your own dust into the air stack… time for parking up for a while…

The worst sand storm I was in was in the northern Sahara …Tunisia… there’s a story about that…

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=110708&hilit=surprising+tale#p1683134

Not trying to knick you thread here Mick…

Jeff…

No problems Jeff. It links in with the Rijnart photo’s and question about air filters. A very interesting tale, no doubt about it.

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk