digs

Any one stay at Bellinghams digs on the Quay side at Newcastle. Good food and a lift to theWMC and a lift back to the accomadation at the end of the night.Happy days and happy memories.

I agree,It was one of the better digs.I used it on the way back from Sccotland.The beer up there was good too! I dare say it has gone now.Saying that,I hope I’m wrong.
A Happy New Year everybody,may it be the best one ever. Regards,900x20. :smiley: :laughing:

Im sorry to say but Bellinghams is gone, Its over 20 years ago, It was the best in its day, Their steak & kidney dinners were 5 star IMO, Regards Larry.

I always used to stop at Bellinghams in Newcastle
Handy for loading next day at AEI cables,Chester Le Street,for Plymouth
park opp Rank Hovis at quay side
get picked up from the mini bus
& taken to Digs
that was back in the 70s
food was ok
Norman Croad,Torquay,Devon.

AEI cables at Chester le Street employs less than 200 at present and is closing completely very soon. Appears to be owned by a Middle Eastern company and somehow they have managed to avoid paying any redundancy money.

Tyneside

I did a few nights in digs about 1976. I can remember them at Jacks Hill, Towcester, and I think Noakess Cafe on the A13 Rainham? Only used them as I was 2nd man in another driver`s truck. ( Brand new HGV 1 licence in my 21yrs old mitt). Being a day cab Atki Borderer there was certainly no room for 2 across the bonnet!

Started up the road in 59.Had the odd night out in the cab but mostly digs.

I could fill books obout all the digs i have stopped in. Some good. Some bloody Terrible.

The Shakespeare Inn Exeter. Kit Kat Cafe Union St Plymouth. Mrs Pedley Lockerbie. The Pavilion.Perth.

Howard Gardens. Cardiff.Jimmys. Hyde Road Manchester. To name but a few.

Regards Charlie. :laughing: :laughing:

There ya go charlie one. Did you leave your lorry parked up on Hyde Road overnight or had Hitler left one of his calling cards close by. :laughing:

Regards Steve.

mushroomman:
There ya go charlie one. Did you leave your lorry parked up on Hyde Road overnight or had Hitler left one of his calling cards close by. :laughing:

Regards Steve.

Blimey Steve

I never thought I would see Jimmys again. Many thanks for your pic.

Only ever managed to park on Hyde Rd. What was the name of the pub.

Was it the Cheshire Cheese? Great nights in there.

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: