Any old promotor drivers around

bubbleman:
Hiya again,Sandway…I got the picture of the two Scanias from Ray Scutts,he used to work for Asian Transport and for a short period ran a couple of F88s on for Astrans.I would meet Ray at Wapping when we used to collect the “Sun” newspapers when we both worked for TNT,he from Maidstone depot and myself from Bristol,being a lorry anorak :smiley: I asked if he’d any photos from those days and he came back with a bunch of photos from the Asian tpt period plus pics of his F88s…there were a few Pro- Motor ones amongst them,the quality of the pics aren’t good as I photocopied them onto ordinary paper as Ray made me promise to return them the next day,maybe he was a perminant employee or just did a few trips I don’t know…Heres a couple more,I don’t know the identity of the young lady stood in front of the “M” reg 110.
Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

I never met Ray Scutts, he was before my time (I joined 1979), but a 3rd party waxed lyrical about him only recently. Well perhaps “lyrical” is not the term. I think he was Promotor’s transport manager for a while? I’m sure Sandway can illuminate us?