Any old promotor drivers around

A couple of great posts yesterday from cannonhaul and Efes of times long gone. If you are producing those pictures from negatives cannonhaul then you are doing a great job but you must get your photo album back. As for the smashed up truck! Yes, how did anyone emerge alive from that. You mentioned you had a long story to tell of a trip to Tehran. Not sure if you know this but you don’t have to write it down all at once. You can write a bit today then save it to draft and add some more text later. Don’t think you can add attachments/photos though. They have to be added just before you post your narrative. Great picture of your Transcon. Pity there are so few photos of the one Promotor had.

Efes. Your description of what it was like driving through Yugo and onward years ago was great. One bit missing though was the rhythmic k-boomd, k-boomd, k-boomb as you drove down the concrete strip to Belgrade. Each section of concrete was exactly the same length as the previous one and the sound k-boomb was made as you hit the join which was always slightly different in height to the one before. Bit like the sound of dripping water driving you mad. If I was bored (always) driving that section of road and there was little traffic about I used to have a bit of fun. As you said it was not an easy road to overtake on if you had a right ■■■■■■. I would sometimes pull out a little to see if anything was coming towards me. Often a Turk or Bulgy lorry would be a mile or two ahead coming towards me. They would see me a give a quick flash of there headlights to let me know they were there. I would pull back in then a few seconds later pull out again. I would then get a longer warning flash from the approaching lorry. I would keep doing this until the Turk or Bulgy driver was only a few hundred metres ahead. By then headlights were on full beam and I could imagine the driver sitting in a wet seat as he hurtled by me. No doubt shaking his fist and shouting something obscene in Turkish or Bulgarian.