asia tom

a mate of mine was talking about long way round with ewan magregor and charlie boorman and the bits in russia kazakstan and mongolia and he said do ya think trucks from western europe go out that far and asia tom spang to mind i know he had a magnum but i cant remember how far he went has anyone still got the mag he was in or any photos they could put up here so i could show my mate cheers :laughing:

The mag describes him as a man “who regards Moscow as a local drop”
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ive only got the mag from the first part of the trip, if you can find them its in
Trucking International march & april 1998.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

cheers for that mate i,ll get onto truckings back issues dept :laughing:

i bumped into him a couple of times years back in queues, think he’s been as far as lake baikal which is past irkutsk - further than we’ve managed at krasnoyarsk/mezhdurechensk, one of ours is due to set off for sayanogorsk in the next 2 weeks but it’s getting a bit hairy for bad weather starting now …

jj72:
… one of ours is due to set off for sayanogorsk in the next 2 weeks but it’s getting a bit hairy for bad weather starting now …

JJ, what happened to the Sayanogorsk trip??..is it still on?
Are you taking it or one of your drivers?..Tell him to get some pics, would be very interested in a trip like that!!! :wink:

Put the name into google to find out where it was exactly…still none the wiser really, looks like its out in Central Asia somewhere…what would be the route to get there?
Is it the big mine that you are delivering to?

Cheers, bullitt.

still supposed to be on, it’s gear for the rusal aluminium smelter (formerly state owned) to TRY bring them up to EU environmental standards (ha ha!)

anyway in the meantime we’ve got to load a piece of g.s.e from luxembourg for krasnoyarsk - and no i’m taking neither load mate